Professor in Treatment and Management of Mining Waters At GSMI
University Mohammed VI Polytechnic, Benguerir Morocco
About Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P)
Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) is an internationally oriented institution of higher learning, that is committed to an educational system based on the highest standards of teaching and research in fields related to the sustainable economic development of Morocco and Africa. UM6P is an institution oriented towards applied research and innovation. On a specific focus on Africa, UM6P aims to position these fields as the forefront and become a university of international standing.
More than just a traditional academic institution, UM6P is a platform for experimentation and a pool of opportunities, for students, professors and staff. It offers a high-quality living and study environment thanks to its state-of-the-art infrastructure. With an innovative approach, UM6P places research and innovation at the heart of its educational project as a driving force of a business model.
In its research approach, the UM6P promotes transdisciplinary, entrepreneurship spirit and collaboration with external institutions for developing up to date science and at continent level in order to address real challenges.
All our programs run as start-ups and can be self-organized when they reach a critical mass. Thus, academic liberty is promoted as far as funding is developed by research teams.
The research programs are integrated from long-term research to short-term applications in linkage with incubation and start-up ecosystems.
The Geology and Sustainable Mining Institute (GSMI) of Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) invites applications for a full-time professor position in Treatment and management of mining waters. The position will be open until the selection of a candidate.
The candidate will be requested to:
- Undertake and develop original and high-level research activities around GSMI research access,
- Participate in teaching activities within GSMI program and UM6P in general
- Supervise and train undergraduate and graduate students
- Write and publish scientific papers in high level specialized journals,
- Assume various management activities within the framework of GSMI
- PhD in mineral/mining and environment sciences or in Chemical engineering.
- Experience in the fields of Environmental bio-geochemistry, acid mine drainage, mine water treatment processes, which involve using physical, chemical, and biological methods to remove contaminants and restore water to a quality suitable for reuse or discharge, monitoring water quality, and implementing appropriate remediation measures if contamination is detected.
- Knowledge and experience in the recovery of water from phosphate sludge and optimization of its dewatering, as well as mine restoration and mining environment, are also essential for the job position. The candidate should have a good understanding of these processes and how they can be applied to improve the quality of water resources impacted by mining activities.
- Ability to conduct original research and transfer knowledge, including high qualified student training and publications in leading international journals.
- Good knowledge in the development of effective strategies for treating and managing water from mining operations.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, French is an asset;
- Creativity, scientific curiosity and capabilities in innovation;
- Possessing a good team spirit and collaboration;
- Concern for the organization, effectiveness, efficiency, production and productivity of the entire unit;
- Autonomy and availability.
Application and Selection
Required documents include:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Application Letter,
- Research action plan,
- Teaching action plan,
- 3 reference letters.