Are you looking to contribute to groundbreaking research? We invite you to consider this great opportunity!
Cedars-Sinai is an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. Dr. Zijun Frank Zhang is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join a diverse team!
Research in the Zhang laboratory uses statistical learning and deep learning as the unifying language to communicate across research areas in Computational Biology. Currently the primary research interests include: Automated Deep Learning (AutoDL)-powered Interpretation of Genetic Variations Post-transcriptional and Transcriptional Regulatory Network
Working independently but in close collaboration and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientists, as a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will perform bioinformatics, machine learning, and analytics procedures throughout training period. You may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. This position is not responsible for generating grant funds.
Additionally, the incumbent will independently perform and lead in biomedical and bioinformatic research projects using programming, data-mining, statistics, machine-learning, and visualization techniques to develop, evaluate, and/or apply algorithms and software for data analysis. Responsibilities include conducting computational research, analyzing high-throughput sequencing data, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deploying production models, and communication of scientific findings via peer-reviewed publications and scientific conferences. The Postdoctoral Scientist writes clean, performant, reusable code managed on GitHub to perform repeatable analyses and to train and deploy models to multiple environments. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs computational modeling and analysis.
- Maintains appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genetics, or related field is required. Experience:
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires complete technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform computational experimental protocols and procedures, including model development and application, and detailed data collection.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions. Working Title:
Postdoctoral Scientist - Zhang Lab - Division of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (AIM)Department:
Artificial Intelligence in MedBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$64,500.00 - $93,600.00