The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The successful candidate will join the Medical Education unit at the Department of Life Science and Medicine (DLSM), Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) under the line management of Prof. Gilbert Massard. Your role will include:
Bachelor in Medicine
The candidate is expected to work closely with the Bachelor in Medicine project officer and Study Programme Administarator on the following projects:
- Hospital internships: acting as the contact person between the University and the hospitals, coordinating the organization and ensuring the quality of internships, being responsible for preparing the necessary contracts
- Private practice internship: act as the contact person between the University and the doctors, coordinate the organization and ensure the quality of the internship, be responsible for preparing the necessary contracts
- Emergency care internship: act as contact person between the University and the CGDIS, organize internships
- Hygiene course: coordinate the organization of the course
- Theoretical courses: acting as the contact person between the University and the coordinating doctors, supporting the doctors in aligning the objectives and content of the courses in order to guarantee the highest quality of our Bachelor's programme and to comply with the requirements of our partner universities
The candidate is expected to work closely with the project officer and the Study Programme Administrator(s) of the medical specializations on the following projects:
- Theoretical courses and seminars: supporting the lecturer in aligning course objectives and content with existing legislation and EU directives
- Research traineeships: provide administrative support to the research co-supervisor and the doctors in the process of specializing in setting up the project
- Mobility internship: coordinating collaboration between the University and the host institution and supporting the logistical aspects of the mobility
What we expect from you…
- The candidate must have a Master degree level or equivalent by experience
- The candidate must have professional experience in the healthcare field (e.g., hospital management experience in HR or care/medical management)
- Experience with the health sector in Luxembourg
- Managing Office Package
- Good written and oral skills in French and in German
- Essential knowledge in Luxembourgish will be considered as advantage
- Commitment, integrity, accountability
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Student counsellor
- Job Reference: UOL06049
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE through the HR system until end of November 2023. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
For further information, please contact: Prof. Gilbert Massard (email@example.com).