Founded in 1425, KU Leuven has been a centre of learning for nearly six centuries. Today, it is Belgium's highest-ranked university as well as one of the oldest and most renowned research universities in Europe.
As Europe’s most innovative university and co-founder of the League of European Research Universities (LERU), KU Leuven offers a wide variety of study programmes in English, all supported by innovative and interdisciplinary research.
Good to know:
- A KU Leuven degree is highly valued around the world. We consistently perform well in international rankings (top 100 university worldwide)and were declared Europe’s most innovative university for the 2nd year in a row by Reuters;
- Come study at our campus in Leuven, a modern, bustling and safe student town, where centuries-rich history meets cutting-edge science. Why not take a virtual tour before you arrive?
Prefer studying in the European capital? We also offer degree programmes in 9 other Belgian cities, including Brussels; the beating heart of Europe.
- The Flemish government’s generous co-financing system ensures that tuition fees remain relatively low, not only for EU students, but also for students from other parts of the world. Find more about our fees and funding opportunities.
- KU Leuven is home to a vibrant community of international students and staff, with over 150 nationalities represented. Don’t miss out on our international welcome activities!
- From Science, Engineering and Technology to the Humanities and Social Sciences, KU Leuven has 16 faculties and offers international degree programmes in virtually every academic discipline – take your pick!
Science, Engineering and Technology:
Faculty of Architecture
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Engineering Science
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Faculty of Medicine
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Faculty of Movement and Rehabilitation Sciences
Humanities and Social Sciences:
Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies
Faculty of Canon Law
Institute of Philosophy
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Economics and Business
Faculty of Social Sciences
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Overview of our international undergraduate degrees (bachelor programmes)
- Overview of our international graduate degrees (master and advanced master programmes)
- PhD opportunities