Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association creates and imparts knowledge for the society and the environment. It is our goal to make significant contributions to mastering the global challenges of mankind in the fields of energy, mobility, and information. For this, more than 9.800 employees of KIT cooperate in a broad range of disciplines in research, academic education, and innovation.
We are looking for the Institute for Biological and Chemical Systems - Biological Information Processing (IBCS-BIP) as soon as possible and limited up to 31.05.2025 two
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
at the interface of Biology, Bioengineering and Optical High Throughput Screening
The Kreysing Departmenst for Biophysics is excited to announce two Postdoctoral Researcher positions available in our ERC project 'Genetically enhanced, optically superior tissues' (GHOSTs). Background: If all biological tissue were transparent, optical microscopes could observe the miracles of cellular life deep in their native environment. We recently succeeded in improving the optical properties of mammalian cells through directed evolution. Next, we aim to demonstrate improved imaging inside optically cleared living tissues.
The successful candidates will propel this initiative forward, uncovering molecular pathways that modulate the optical properties of tissues. This will be achieved through the set-up of systematic screens, leveraging robotic sample handling and automated microscopy.
- Lead a project to uncover molecular pathways for optical enhancement in living tissues.
- Design and conduct systematic screens using advanced robotic sample handling and automated microscopy.
- Collaborate within our vibrant team to publish high-impact research in leading international journals.
- Participate in the preparation of compelling research proposals.
- Act as a mentor and guide to junior researchers, fostering an environment of knowledge sharing and mutual growth.
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Screening, Biology, Biophysics or related fields
- A 'can-do' attitude, team and a readiness to engage with an interdisciplinary research environment
- Demonstrated some of the following: expertise in mammalian cell culture, directed evolution, compound screening, image and data analysis, tissue culture, genome engineering, and light microscopy.
- Good foundations in mathematics, data analysis and processing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- A solid record of peer-reviewed publications
Become a member of staff of the only German University of Excellence that conducts large-scale research on the national level. Work under excellent working conditions in an international environment and be active in research and academic education for our future. Benefit from specific training when starting your job and from a wide range of further qualification offers. Use our flexible working time models (flexitime, work from home), our sports and leisure offers, as well as our child and holiday care services. We also pay a share of EUR 25/month in the Job Ticket Baden-Württemberg. Enjoy a large variety of dishes, snacks, and beverages at our canteens.
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.
Please apply online using the vacancy number 446/2023 and the reference number 6 to Ms Sylvia Kaiser, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Human Resources, Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany. For further information, please contact Prof.Dr. Moritz Kreysing, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find further information on the internet: www.kit.edu
KIT – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association