Principal Investigator, Joshua Burda, PhD, is looking for a Research Associate I to join the team!
Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will change how we diagnose and treat disease. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
The Burda Lab explores how glia respond to injuries and disorders of the CNS and how these responses impact on neural repair, regeneration and neurological recovery. As a Research Associate I, you will participate in research studies and perform basic lab techniques under the guidance of PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the lab, as well as the Principal Investigator (P.I.). The RA I will work in cooperation with other lab staff to carry out basic lab maintenance tasks, including washing and sterilizing glassware (e.g. autoclaving). To learn more, please visit | BURDALAB.IO |. Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate I perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects in a specific area of research. Assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies. Files and monitors documents. The Research Associate I will be able to perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, Immunohistochemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tasks and procedures.
- Keeps accurate and detailed project records of experiments and results.
- May assist with animal husbandry.
- Maintains lab equipment and related records.
- Transports, processes, and logs samples.
- Maintains computer database with relevant clinical information.
- Performs lab maintenance duties, including glassware cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains stocks of general lab materials, and places orders for lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists new students and fellows at the laboratory.
- Assists in the operation of specialized equipment and machinery.
- Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in a science-related field is required.
- No experience required. Understanding of general research objectives.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to analyze and interpret information and/or data.
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills and recommend solutions.
- Familiar with routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols.
- Ability to apply knowledge of information software and/or hardware to provide solutions and/or support.
- Solid understanding of database management, personal computers, and presentation and imaging software.
- Ability to use software applications and operate technological devices (e.g., computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
- Must possess digital literacy to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
Research Associate I - Burda Lab - Center for Neural Science and MedicineDepartment:
BioMedical ScienceBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
Research Studies/Clinical TrialsPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$19.50 - $29.87