Tenure-track Assistant Professor/Group Leader in Cancer Prevention and Metabolism
The Medical University of Vienna is looking for excellent candidates to start a new research group addressing the complex role of cellular metabolism in cancer causes and prevention. Through the integration of recent advances in the field of molecular biology, genetics and metabolomics, the aim of the new group is to reveal (i) novel biomarkers for early diagnosis, (ii) new targets for treatment, and (iii) determinants of therapy responsiveness. The successful candidate will launch their independent scientific career in an ambitious, supportive environment at one of Europe’s leading institutions for biomedical and clinical research.
• Excellent publication record in cancer research, including but not limited to cancer cell metabolism, functional genomics, cancer risk, genetic toxicology, gene-environment interactions.
• Strong background in systems biology methods and application in biomedical research .
• PhD in life sciences.
• Conduct internationally significant and innovative research to enhance our understanding of the relation of environmental/life style factors and the metabolic reprograming of cancer.
• Successful and continuous acquisition of peer-reviewed third-party funding.
• Educational and didactic qualifications including supervision of Masters and PhD students.
What we offer:
• Tenure-track assistant professorship position at the Medical University of Vienna, which can be upgraded to a § 99 (5) Professorship (https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/web/en/career/career-development-at-meduni-vienna/).
• Salary according to the collective agreement for university employees, adjusted depending on previous work experience.
• Competitive startup package.
• Stimulating interdisciplinary research environment with many opportunities for collaboration in computational sciences, biomedical research, and clinical medicine.
• The Center for Cancer Research of the Medical University of Vienna is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center, providing an excellent interdisciplinary research environment that includes state-of-the-art wet-lab and computational infrastructure, core facilities support, with many opportunities for collaboration in computational sciences, biomedical research, and clinical medicine as well as international PhD programs.
Please submit your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 15th, 2023. All files should be merged into a single PDF.
Applications should include:
• Curriculum vitae
• List of publications
• List of five key publications with the possibility of electronic downloading
• Summary of research and teaching activities
• A concept of future research plans
• Contact information of three referees
Applicants are also requested to complete the form (FactSheet) posted online and to attach it to their application (https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/Factsheet_Professuren_99_5_UG/).
The Medical University of Vienna aims to increase the proportion of women in leadership positions and therefore encourages qualified female candidates to apply. In case of equivalent qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants. The Medical University of Vienna has childcare facilities on campus. Information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation can be found at https://www.meduniwien.ac.at/Datenschutz_Professuren/