ATLAS - Joint PhD Program from BioNTech and TRON with a focus on translational medicine
9 PhD positions in biology, biochemistry, life science, chemistry, medicine, computer science or related fields
BioNTech and TRON (Translational Oncology Mainz) are leading institutions in the field of immunotherapy. Our joint international PhD Program (ATLAS) is looking for talented, junior researchers of all nationalities.
Our international PhD program ATLAS (Talent Academy for TransLAtional Science), guides and supports PhD students to conduct excellent research projects and offers comprehensive training in cutting-edge technologies and professional skills. The scientific training within the program has a strong focus on "the art of translation", i.e. turning basic scientific discoveries into applications.
We offer the opportunity to work on innovative research projects focused on translational science in the field of medicine. As a PhD student*, you will join a community of world-class scientists working on diverse topics such as:
- Immunotherapy of cancer, infectious diseases & autoimmunity
- Cardiovascular, aging & regenerative biomedicine
- RNA biochemistry
- Protein engineering
- Bioinformatics & systems biology
- Biomarker research
- Antimicrobial therapies
For details on the program and the specific projects, please visit www.atlas-phdprogram.com.
Who can apply?
Aspiring students seeking to advance knowledge and explore novel therapies. The requirements are:
- A master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Life Science, Medicine, Immunology, Computer Science or Engineering related fields.
- Motivation and passion for science
- Ability to work independently and in an international, multi-disciplinary team
- Professional proficiency in both written and spoken English
Please carefully read "How to apply" and "Projects offered" before applying.
- A highly collaborative and interdisciplinary research environment at the interface between academia and pharmaceutical applications
- A doctoral degree awarded by a partnering university (e.g. Mainz University)
- Dedicated supervision by leaders in their fields with a strong publication record
- Cutting-edge technologies and in-house services to support your research
- Extensive curriculum for scientific, technical and professional skills
- An active and engaging scientific and PhD community
- Possibility to directly be involved in the planning and organization of PhD events
Excellent working conditions:
- Fully funded PhD positions (contracts will be from either BioNTech or TRON)
- Open and inclusive culture
- An international environment with English as our working language
Have we piqued your interest?
Then apply now and simply send us your application documents using our online form.
- All mandatory documents (CV, letter of motivation, official transcript, and certificate of your master’s degree, if available) must be combined into one pdf file and uploaded on the field "*Resume/ CV" via the application portal.
- All other additional documents (e.g. reference letters, proof of proficiency in English, grading system of your home university, etc.) should be combined into one pdf file and uploaded on the field “Additional documents” via the application form.
- For the field “expected annual remuneration package, please fill in “not applicable” since all PhD students will receive a fixed salary and benefits.
- Please make sure you will agree that both BioNTech and TRON can access your data. If you disagree, your application will not be further evaluated.
The deadline for applications is October 31st, 2023. Interviews will take place in Mainz in February 2024.
If you have any further questions, please visit www.atlas-phdprogram.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!
Please note that your application and data will be used by both BioNTech and TRON – for further information on the data protection policy please click here.
*BioNTech and TRON do not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!