Are you a dynamic and motivated scientist with a freshly minted Ph.D., eager to push the boundaries of cancer research? If so, we invite you to become a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Brugarolas Lab at UT Southwestern Medical Center!
About Us: The Brugarolas Lab stands at the forefront of cancer research. By deploying a comprehensive pipeline bridging molecular genetics to clinical practice, our team is committed to advancing our understanding of cancer biology and developing innovative therapies for patients. The Brugarolas lab is also the hub of the Kidney Cancer Program, one of two such programs in the country recognized by a prestigious Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) from the National Cancer Institute.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Translational Excellence: We bridge the gap between basic research and clinical applications, offering you a unique opportunity to witness the direct impact of your work on patients' lives.
- Cutting-Edge Research: We work on groundbreaking projects encompassing genomics, mechanistic studies, biomarkers, animal models, drug discovery, and clinical trials, all under one roof.
- Collaborative Environment: We collaborate with a diverse and talented group of researchers, fostering a rich scientific environment where cross-disciplinary ideas thrive.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: UT Southwestern Medical Center offers world-class research facilities, providing you with the tools you need to excel in your research.
- Career Development: We are committed to nurturing your scientific career. As a Postdoctoral Fellow, you will have access to a wealth of resources to support your professional growth. Learn more about this here.
- Recently awarded (less than 6 months) Ph.D. in a related field (cancer biology, molecular biology, genetics, etc.).
- Strong publication record showcasing your research expertise.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- A passion for advancing cancer research and making a real-world impact.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a current CV, including a list of publications, and a cover letter describing their research interests and why they want to join the Brugarolas Lab as a Postdoctoral Fellow to:
James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D.
Director, Kidney Cancer Program
Sherry Wigley Crow Endowed Chair in Cancer Research
Tenured Professor, Internal Medicine/ Hematology-Oncology, Cancer Biology, Genetics, Development and Disease
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
UT Southwestern Medical Center
5323 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75390-8552
James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D. - Faculty Profile - UT Southwestern
c/o Mai-Carmen Requena-Komuro, Ph.D.
Moving expenses (up to $3,000) and visa sponsorship will be available to successful candidates.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit here