Location: Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Institute: Nestlé Institute Health Sciences
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern “smart office” locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 1000 people and is comprised of five Nestlé Institutes: Food Sciences; Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences, Packaging Sciences and Agriculture Sciences. Please have a tour of our facilities using this link or read more about Nestlé Research at our website.
Please follow us on Nestlé R&D on LinkedIn.
Learn more about the - Nestlé Institute Food Science here: The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences
As an “Associate Specialist Metabolic Health”, you will contribute to the development, innovation and renovation of products in the field of metabolic health.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don’t miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of an Associate Specialist Metabolic Health
- Execute projects using appropriate preclinical models to test novel compounds and expand metabolic health indications
- Interact with stakeholders and teams to define strategies and set the next generation of products for metabolic health claims
- Contribute and propose new ideas, activities, and methods to develop a pre-diabetes/diabetes pipeline of preclinical assays
- Coordinate externalized research with academic partners and/or contract research organizations; prepare and launch externalized research and interpret data
- Build and document knowledge and share about latest methods, trends and developments in the field of glucose management/metabolic health
- Explore patentable technologies and processes
- Develop related tools and competencies in the domain of activity
- Actively participate in expert network to promote cross-fertilization between different sites (R&D, Org. Units).
- Mentor technicians and students
What will make you successful
- PhD in the field of metabolic health
- 2-3 years of post-doctoral or equivalent experience (conducting laboratory research) in metabolism with a special focus on glucose management
- Strong expertise in in vivo and in vitro preclinical research, including pancreatic models, with demonstration of project completion in the form of publications in high impact journals
- Ability to plan and execute laboratory experiments independently
- Aptitude to manage 1-2 junior scientists/PhD students or technicians with hands-on and verbal instruction needed to perform job function and assigned projects.
- Innovation and creativity mindset in all aspects of the job
- Capacity to present and discuss scientific rationales, strategies, methods, results and conclusions in seminars, publications, and patent applications
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people’s lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com