The Neuroscience and Behavioural Disorders (NBD) Programme is focused on understanding the structure and function of the nervous system, and the neural mechanisms underlying human neurological, psychiatric and eye disorders.
The Translational Neuroscience Group led by Professor Vincenzo De Paola (https://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/nbd/the-team/faculty-members/details/Detail/de-paola-vincenzo) at Duke-NUS Medical School is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Research Associate with a strong finance background, with budget management skills, and exceptional expertise in inventory management. This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team at Duke-NUS as a laboratory manager to make an impact on Research and Education.
- Oversee the daily operations of the laboratory, ensuring efficient and effective functioning. Develop and manage the laboratory budget, including forecasting, expense tracking, and cost optimization.
- Coordinate procurement activities, maintaining inventory levels, and ensuring timely availability of supplies and equipment.
- Implement and maintain robust inventory management systems, including tracking and monitoring of reagents, consumables, and equipment.
- Collaborate with researchers, scientists, and stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide support in budget planning and resource allocation.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations, internal policies, and funding agency guidelines.
- Generate financial reports, analyze data, and provide regular updates on budgetary status and inventory management to admin team and PI.
- Implement and maintain systems for tracking and reporting laboratory expenses, ensuring accurate record-keeping and documentation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best practices in laboratory management, finance, and inventory control.
- Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Finance, Business Administration) or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in finance, budget management, and inventory control, preferably in a laboratory or scientific environment.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with the ability to analyze complex data and make informed decisions.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, with experience in budgeting and financial reporting.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with scientists, researchers, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of laboratory operations, equipment, and supplies is desirable.
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance and funding agency guidelines is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and evolving environment, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- An open, flexible and positive approach to working in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently and as part of a team, as required.
- Proven ability to prioritise, plan ahead and manage a high volume of work to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed, and ensure that the laboratory runs in an efficient and timely manner
Join our team and contribute to the success of cutting-edge research and scientific advancements. We offer a competitive salary package and opportunities for professional growth and development.
Interested candidates should send their CV and transcript/s to email@example.com. Positions will remain open until filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.