Whole Person Benefit Packages | Relocation Assistance |Start-Up Packages & Research Incentive Plans
The Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at Moffitt Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, is seeking a faculty member on a tenure track position at rank of Assistant or Associate Member to develop and apply innovative computational approaches for analyzing molecular data, especially spatial and single-cell genomics data. Collaborative/team science research is also expected.
The Department currently has 19 faculty engaged in a wide range of statistical and bioinformatics research and collaborations on clinical and biological studies in cancer including novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, chemoprevention, high throughput genomics, proteomics & metabolomics, sequencing data-based investigations, spatial and single-cell genomics, epidemiological studies, comparative effectiveness research, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies. Many of these projects draw upon Moffitt’s Total Cancer Care initiative, which provides access to a comprehensive set of clinical and molecular data on a large number of cancer patients.
• We seek candidates who can contribute to the many current clinical and basic science studies at Moffitt, as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications and involvement in grant supported research projects.
• Preference will be given to applicants with an outstanding record of team science, with an emphasis in spatial transcriptomics and single-cell genomics.
• The candidate is expected to identify and resolve methodological issues that arise in team science research, as a major expectation is to identify areas of methodological research in which to engage that will benefit the candidate’s research.
• Conduct independent and collaborative genomics-based research in bioinformatics, particularly in the area of spatial and single cell genomics.
• Team science collaboration to tackle a variety of cancer clinical and basic science research projects.
• Communicate clearly and openly.
• Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment.
Credentials and Qualifications: Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in biomedical informatics, bioinformatics, computational immunology, computer science, biostatistics or related field and relevant research training and experience.
Academic rank beyond Assistant Member will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment at the Associate Member rank requires a minimum of five years of experience at the Assistant Member level. The position is tenure-earning. Moffitt is affiliated with the University of South Florida and a University appointment is available in the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor as applicable.
To apply, visit our website MOFFITT.org/Careers and refer to requisition number #53907. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please be sure to attach your CV and cover letter. Questions about the opportunity may be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Xuefeng Wang at Xuefeng.Wang@moffitt.org.
Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city that provides its residents a high quality of life. The Tampa Bay area (https://www.visittampabay.com/) has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine, and so much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.