We are seeking an outstanding, highly motivated researcher who will support ongoing projects as part of a fast-paced group to develop first-in-class small-molecule therapeutics. The major responsibility of this position will be the design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of small molecules as potential therapeutics. Extensive experience with standard techniques in organic synthesis, including extraction, purification (distillation, chromatography), and characterization (NMR, IR, mass spectrometry) is required. Experience in some aspects of biological assay development or execution is preferred. This position is jointly mentored by faculty within the Center for Drug Discovery and the Center for Precision Environmental Health. The position requires a candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of academic trainees and staff scientists.
- Designs synthetic routes to potential small molecule therapeutics.
- Synthesizes, purifies, and characterizes organic compounds.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data.
- Maintains laboratory notebooks and related records.
- Communicates results of experiments.
- Assists in the preparation of laboratory reports, manuscripts, and patents.
- Maintains laboratory organization.
- Maintains safety protocols and maintaining high standards of experimental practice.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD in organic chemistry or an equivalent degree with rigorous experience in small molecule synthesis is required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.