Assistant Professor (tenure-track) and Professor (tenured) positions
in all areas of science, including
Astronomy, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is an international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in mathematics, computer science, life sciences, and physical sciences. ISTA (www.ista.ac.at) invites applications for several open positions in all areas of the above-mentioned disciplines as well as in related and interdisciplinary fields.
- Thriving international and interdisciplinary research environment with English as the working language
- Collaborative atmosphere that promotes interaction and knowledge sharing among research groups
- State-of-the-art facilities and scientific support services (www.ista.ac.at/scientific-service-units/)
- Attractive salary and generous start-up package, ensuring you have the resources necessary to establish and lead a successful research group
- Guaranteed annual base funding including dedicated funding for PhD students and postdocs, enabling you to build up a dynamic research team
- International graduate school with highly selective admissions criteria and a comprehensive educational program, training the next generation of scientific leaders
- PhD program with a unique blend of interdisciplinary coursework and research group rotations, attracting scholars from diverse backgrounds
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program, providing assistance with professional and personal challenges
- Dual-career support, advising your spouse or partner on finding local career opportunities
- Childcare facilities on campus (for children aged 3 months until primary school age)
- Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive working environment
- Close proximity to Vienna, consistently ranked among the most liveable cities worldwide, offering a wealth of cultural and recreational opportunities
Assistant professors receive independent group leader positions with an initial contract of six years, at the end of which they are reviewed by international peers. A positive evaluation leads to promotion to the tenured professor position.
Tenured positions are open to distinguished scientists with several years of experience leading research groups.
At ISTA, we promote a diverse and inclusive working environment and are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for all applicants, free of discrimination. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Take the next step in your academic career and apply at: www.ista.ac.at/jobs/faculty/
The closing date for applications in Astronomy, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics is October 25, 2023.
The closing date for applications in Computer Science is December 1, 2023.