I Peter Farrell SpinalCure Fellowship
The objectives of the Fellowship are to support outstanding early career researchers to:
- undertake innovative research which takes steps towards the goal of a cure for spinal cord injury
- develop their skills and advance their careers in Australia.
Eligible applications will investigate novel ways to restore or protect communication between brain and body after a spinal cord injury, or to enhance our understanding of the spinal cord, and thereby advancing the field of cure-related research.
- Provides $1.5million (AUD) over 5 years
- Open for researchers 3–10 years post PhD
- Applications close 12th October 2023
- Fellowship term begins January 2024
Candidates are eligible to apply for the Fellowship if they satisfy the following requirements:
- At the time of submitting their application, the candidate must be an early career, postdoctoral researcher with between three and ten years of research experience, relative to opportunity, since the awarding of their PhD (that is, the date on which their PhD was approved by the board of graduate studies).
- At the time of acceptance and for the duration of the Fellowship, candidates must either be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or hold an appropriate visa enabling employment in Australia for the term of the Fellowship.
- Candidates must not have tenure or equivalent.
- If successful, the candidate shall spend a minimum of 80% of their FTE time on research relating to the fellowship application.
- Candidates must submit an ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) identifier with their application.
Host institution eligibility
Eligible Host institutions are defined to be those approved as National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Approved Administering Organisations.
Candidates must nominate a single Host institution to be responsible for the management of the grant. A Funding agreement will be made between SpinalCure Australia and the nominated Host institution of the successful candidate.
For full details please visit https://www.spinalcure.org.au/the-i-peter-farrell-spinalcure-fellowship/