The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) contributes multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences and Medicine. Through its dual mission of teaching and research, the FSTM seeks to generate and disseminate knowledge and train new generations of responsible citizens, in order to better understand, explain and advance society and environment we live in.
The successful candidate will join the Nursing Science unit at the Department of Life Science and Medicine (DLSM), Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) under the line management of Prof. Dr Marie Friedel and Prof. Dr Laurence Bernard, and under the supervision of the Clinical Training Coordinator.
Your role will also include:
- Ensure placement in clinical settings.
- Liaise between the student, the clinical settings and the clinical coordinators.
- Provide support for all students, especially those experiencing simple difficulties in the context of clinical teaching.
- Ensure that students meet the requirements of the clinical environment throughout the placement (e.g. vaccination, documentation, etc.).
- Monitor attendance, absences and administrative situations (incident, accident, follow-up).
- Verify the hours worked, which are linked to the payment of clinical (manual verification or via the work placement software).
- Prepare and contribute to specific techno-pedagogical documentation for each placement.
- Contribute to the development of a MOOC (Massive open online course) for clinical tutors.
- Manage the Clinical Teaching MOOC.
- Contribute to the strategic orientation for Clinical Teaching.
- Share information with clinical fields respecting interinstitutional agreements.
- Meet with Programmes directors and Programmes coordinators to assess needs for clinical placement.
- Establish and maintain a list of clinical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the clinical settings to collect and summarize their needs for internships and research interests (essay).
- Ensure the management of clinical report for each student.
- Ensure a continuous professional development.
What we expect from you…
- Bachelor Diploma in Nursing Science OR Education Sciences OR Health Sciences.
- Experience with the health sector in Luxembourg.
- Managing Office Package.
- Good written and oral skills French.
- Essential knowledge in English, German,or Luxembourgish will be considered as advantage.
- Commitment, integrity, accountability.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Student counsellor
- Job Reference: UOL05946
How to apply...
Applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts with grades
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
In return you will get…
- Multilingual and international character. Modern institution with a personal atmosphere. Staff coming from 90 countries. Member of the “University of the Greater Region” (UniGR).
- A modern and dynamic university. High-quality equipment. Close ties to the business world and to the Luxembourg labour market. A unique urban site with excellent infrastructure.
- A partner for society and industry. Cooperation with European institutions, innovative companies, the Financial Centre and with numerous non-academic partners such as ministries, local governments, associations, NGOs …
- Position in a recently created dynamic nursing science research unit in a quickly growing university.
- Excellent working conditions in an international and inspiring environment.
- Opportunity to participate regularly in scientific activities in Luxembourg and abroad (seminars, summer schools, etc).
For further information, please contact: Prof. Dr. Marie Friedel (email@example.com) or Prof. Dr Laurence Bernard (firstname.lastname@example.org).