1. About GMU
Founded in 1958, Guangzhou Medical University (GMU) is a higher education institution with a focus on medical education and research. GMU offers a full range of programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. GMU was included on the List of Double First-Class Initiative in 2022.
Outstanding Faculties: The university boasts a prestigious faculty team led by Academician Zhong Nanshan, a recipient of the "Medal of the Republic." The faculty includes members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, Fellows of the Royal Irish Academy, Cheung Kong (Changjiang) Scholars, recipients of the National Natural Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, selected candidates of National Hundred and Thousand and Ten-Thousand Talent Project, recipients of national famous teacher award, national experts with outstanding contribution, and the State Council Special Allowance experts.
Top-Notch Academic Disciplines: GMU's clinical medicine programme has been enlisted in the Double First-Class Initiative. Ten disciplines (Clinical Medicine, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Molecular Biology & Genetics, Biology & Biochemistry, Immunology, Neuroscience & Behavior, Microbiology, Psychiatry / Psychology, Materials Science, and Chemistry) are among the top 1% of ESI global rankings, with clinical medicine being in the top 1‰. GMU owns 24 national key specialties and 94 provincial key specialties in clinical medicine (traditional Chinese medicine). Among them, respiratory medicine ranks first, allergy ranks third, pediatric surgery ranks fourth, thoracic surgery ranks fifth, pediatric internal medicine ranks sixth, and psychiatry ranks sixth in China.
Cutting-edge Platforms: The university comprises 25 teaching faculties, 27 research institutions, and 14 affiliated hospitals. GMU boasts one national medical centre, one national clinical medicine research center, one state key laboratory, 12 provincial/ministerial key laboratories, 5 provincial/ministerial research centres for engineering technology (engineering labs), one provincial/ministerial collaborative innovation centre, one national university science park cultivation base, and 32 municipal key laboratories. GMU has established the Sino-French Hoffmann Institute with Professor Jules Hoffmann, a French Nobel laureate. The university has a total research area of 50,000 square meters, including 10,000 square meters for shared research platforms equipped with advanced medical and life science experimental instruments valued at RMB 600 million Yuan. It also possesses abundant animal experimental facilities with over 50,000 cages available.
2. Positions and Qualifications
- Nanshan Scholars—Top Talents
- Academicians in the fields of medicine, biology, and pharmacy.
- Internationally recognized top scientists.
- Nanshan Scholars—Distinguished Talents
- under the age of 55
- Possess a doctoral degree and outstanding contributions in the related fields; with the ability to lead the discipline to reach the international advanced level.
- Nanshan Scholars—Excellent Talents
- under the age of 42
- Possess a doctoral degree and substantial research achievements with significant impact in the related fields; with the ability to lead the discipline to reach a leading position in China.
- Nanshan Scholars—Key Talents
- under the age of 40
- Possess a doctoral degree with outstanding academic performance, with great potential for becoming an independent principal investigators (PI) and excellent academic innovation capabilities.
3. Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary ranging from RMB 600,000 to 1.2 million.
- A relocation and housing allowance of RMB 1.5-3 million in addition to other government supports.
- Generous research start-up funds: Natural Sciences -- RMB 3-8 million; Integrated Basic Medicine and Clinical Practice - -RMB 1.5-4 million.
- Serve as supervisors for master students, access to excellent postgraduate resources as well as office and research spaces.
- Housing subsidies, social insurance, housing accumulation fund, medical insurance and quality health care as well as other related benefits.
4. Contact: Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org