The Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IOZ, CAS) is recruiting the director and deputy directors of the National Key Laboratory of Animal Biodiversity Conservation and Integrated Pest Management (proposed)and welcomes outstanding scientists from all over the world. Applicants should be highly qualified and internationally recognized in the research fields of zoological systematics, animal biodiversity, animal ecology, evolutionary biology, conservation biology, animal behavior, integrated pest management, insect physiology and genomics, chemical communication, biotic interaction, etc. Applicants should have demonstrated outstanding academic leadership, innovative potential, and scientific stringency with a forward-looking vision for discipline development and laboratory administration.
The applicants for director should be younger than 50 years and work full-time in the key laboratory. The applicants for deputy directors should be younger than 45 years and work full-time in the key laboratory. Both IOZ, CAS, and the key laboratory will offer outstanding working facilities and excellent scientific infrastructures to the coming members.
Application documents include:
(1) a curriculum vitae;
(2) three letters of recommendation with a scanned version with experts' signatures. The contact address and telephone number of the expert are required;
(3) The applicant for the director role should provide an overall management plan and term objectives of the national key laboratory (within 2000 words); the applicant for the deputy director role shall provide a vision and term objectives of laboratory management as well as directions, plans, and expected objectives of his/her future research (within 2000 words);
(4) copies of education certificates, and copies of professional and technical certificates;
(5) copies of 10 representative academic works published in recent ten years (only the first page and the marking page are included), with a list of all works and achievements attached;
(6) other supporting materials.
Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 31, 2023.
National Key Laboratory of Animal Diversity Conservation and Integrated Pest Management (proposed), IOZ, CAS will focus on the challenge of rapid loss of animal biodiversity and pest management in China and aim to reveal the mechanisms underlying animal biodiversity maintenance/loss and pest outbreak, to develop molecular manipulation, behavioral interference, and other smart pest management technologies, and thereby provide Chinese solutions for animal biodiversity conservation and pest management.
For more information, please visit http://english.ioz.cas.cn/.