OMass Therapeutics is an early-stage drug discovery company, applying its unique OdyssION™ technology platform, which comprises novel biochemistry techniques, nextgeneration native mass spectrometry, and custom chemistry, to discover small molecule therapeutics for rare diseases and immunological conditions.
The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads. The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with the ambition to develop and ultimately commercialise our products.
OMass has built world-leading facilities and expertise in mass spectrometry, pharmacology, immunology, chemistry, membrane protein biochemistry and high-resolution structural biology, including crystallography and cryo-EM. Our native MS facility includes state-of-theart instruments to detect and characterise protein interactions, with automated workflows to enable high-throughput screening. Complementary MS based methods including HDX-MS, metabolomics and affinity-based screening enable us to place mass spectrometry at the centre of drug discovery.
Headquartered in Oxford, UK, OMass has raised over $150M (£119M) from a top-tier international investor syndicate, including Syncona, Oxford Science Enterprises, Google Ventures, Northpond Ventures, and Sanofi Ventures. This is an excellent time to join our dynamic growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Scientist to work within the Discovery MS team based in Oxford UK. The company offers a collaborative and innovative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
Applications to be received by 30th of June 2023
Essential Experience and Skills:
- A BSc/MSc degree or equivalent with at least 6 months of relevant laboratory research experience or recent PhD graduate in natural sciences
- Experience in handling and analysis of purified proteins with LC-MS based workflows
- Willing to learn new skills for ligand identification and automation
- Able to work independently and in a team environment to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent organisational skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in protein-ligand affinity binding assays
- Hands-on experience in performing analyses using LC-MS instrumentations
- Experience with LC-MS based small molecule analysis
- Hands-on experience in keeping LC-MS instrumentation at their best performance and ability to troubleshoot
- Experience with handling purified membrane proteins
- Experience with metabolomic workflows and automation
- Prepare compound libraries to enable LC-MS and native MS screening
- Perform affinity MS screening and report the results to other departments
- Support new method development for identification of small molecules
- Work closely with scientists within the team to develop solutions and exploratory ideas which achieve and strengthen the company’s vision and intellectual property position
- Contribute to maintaining a well organised lab and help in maintenance of MS instruments
- Remain up to date with the state-of-the-art of the field and maintain detailed laboratory records
Applicants should provide a full CV and a brief cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position.
All applications should be submitted online via our website www.omass.com/working-here/
Any queries relating to the role can be sent to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent | Location: Oxford, UK
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in the UK.