Positions are available for a highly motivated PhD student and for a Postdoc who wish to join the Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics headed by Prof. François Fuks (ULB-Free University of Brussels, Belgium).
The research goal will be the analysis of transcriptomic and epigenomic changes (e.g. DNA methylation, histone and RNA modifications) that arise in cancers. Particularly the analysis of next generation sequencing data concerning novel epigenetic modifications, which our lab is investigating, will also be one of the main challenging tasks of the candidate (e.g. Delatte et al., Science 2016, Jeschke et al. Nat Cancer 2021). He/she will also participate in several side projects with high impact factor publication potential. The host lab is running a Next Generation Sequencing platform and is part of the ULB-Cancer Research Center (U-CRC), providing a high-profile scientific environment. The candidate will join other experienced bioinformaticians working on transcriptomics and epigenomics. Starting date is flexible.
The candidate should hold a master (for the PhD position) or a PhD (for the postdoc position) in bioinformatics, bio-engineering, biomedical sciences or eventually in engineering or computer sciences and demonstrate proficiency in statistics and programming (e.g. R, python). Experience with sequence data, genome-wide data sets (e.g. ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq ...) or massive datasets analysis will be assets. The applicant should have good organizational skills, a taste for interdisciplinary research, excellent scientific writing and presenting skills and be able to work independently. The interaction with the biologists in the lab will be key for the success of this project and genuine interest for biology and clinical researches is required. A good biological background will be valuable.
How to apply?
- For both positions, screening of applications begins immediately and continues until outstanding candidates are selected. (Online interviews are possible for candidates outside Belgium).
- Informal inquiries, a CV (including grades and ranking for PhD candidates), a motivation letter and names of at least two referees, should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lab website: http://fukslab.ulb.be/
- Dube et al., J Exp Clin Cancer Res 2023
- Bizet et al., Epigenetics, 2022
- Primac et al., Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2022
- Penning et al. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2022
- Jeschke et al. Nat Cancer. 2021
- De Dieuleveult et al., Epigenetics. 2021
- Lan et al., Nat Comm. 2020
- Bonvin et al., Cancer Res. 2019
- Collignon et al., Science Adv. 2018
- Jeschke et al., J Clin Invest. 2017
- Van Grembergen et al., Science Adv. 2016
- Delatte et al., Science 2016
- Dedeurwaerder et al., Brief Bioinform 2014