Positions are available for a highly motivated PhD student and for a Postdoc who wish to join the Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics headed by Prof. François Fuks (ULB-Free University of Brussels, Belgium).
You are expected to conduct cancer research in epigenetics and epigenomics. Specifically, you will investigate the mechanisms and functions of novel epigenetic modifications, which our lab is investigating (e.g. Delatte et al., Science 2016, Jeschke et al. Nat Cancer 2021). Genetic, biochemical, biological and genome-wide as well as transcriptome-wide approaches (e.g. RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, Infinium Methylation) will be applied. The lab runs a Next-Gen Sequencing platform, and is part of the ULB-Cancer Research Center (U-CRC), providing a high profile scientific environment. Starting date is flexible.
- PhD: Candidates should have completed a Master course (i.e. M.Sc. 120 credits or equivalent) in Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related subjects. This position is funded for 4 years.
- Postdoc: Applicants should hold a PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or related disciplines (or have recently submitted their thesis with their defence/viva scheduled) and have published (or about to publish) in a peer reviewed journal. Experience in epigenetics and/or cancer are assets. This position is funded for 2 years and further renewable for 2 years.
How to apply?
- For both positions, screening of applications begins immediately and continues until outstanding candidates are selected. (Online interviews are possible for candidates outside Belgium).
- Informal inquiries, a CV (including grades and ranking for PhD candidates), a motivation letter and names of at least two referees, should be sent to: email@example.com
Lab website: http://fukslab.ulb.be/
- Dube et al., J Exp Clin Cancer Res 2023
- Bizet et al., Epigenetics 2022
- Primac et al., Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2022
- Penning et al. Nature Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2022
- Jeschke et al. Nature Cancer 2021
- De Dieuleveult et al., Epigenetics. 2021
- Lan et al., Nature Comm. 2020
- Bonvin et al., Cancer Res. 2019
- Collignon et al., Science Adv. 2018
- Jeschke et al., J Clin Invest. 2017
- Van Grembergen et al., Science Adv. 2016
- Delatte et al., Science 2016