The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano was founded in 1997 as a trilingual and international higher education institution to meet the growing demands in the region for research, higher education and innovation.
Currently, there are five faculties at the university:
- Faculty of Economics and Management
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Agricultural, Environmental and Food Sciences
- Faculty of Design and Art
- Faculty of Education
In addition, ten centres are dedicated to research and knowledge exchange:
- Competence Centre for Regional History
- Competence Centre for Tourism and Mobility
- Competence Centre for Inclusion in Education
- Competence Centre for Plant Health
- Competence Centre for Social Work, Social Pedagogy and Social Policy
- Competence Centre for Economic, Ecological and Social Sustainability
- Competence Centre for Management of Cooperative Organisations
- Competence Centre for Mountain Innovation Ecosystems International
- Centre on Food Fermentations
- Platform Cultural Heritage Cultural Production
The university has approximately 4,500 students and around 300 academic staff and offers degree courses with lectures being held in three languages: English, German and Italian.
The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is looking for a tenured full professor of internationally recognized scientific standing, with many years of leadership experience and management competences as well as good network in the field of academia and science, who will strategically enhance the profile of the university and further expand its local, national and international visibility.
The person should have the ability to actively address economic and social needs at the local level and act in line with the international and multilingual orientation of the university.
The term of office as Rector is four academic years and can be extended for another four academic years. The appointment as tenured full professor at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is for a permanent contract.
- tenured full university professor*
- very good proficiency of the three languages German, Italian and English
*The verification of the equivalence of the position held by the candidate abroad as a tenured full university professor will be carried out based upon the correspondence table of the Italian Ministry of University and Research.
- high level of organizational, social and managerial skills, and a proven ability to engage in internal and external cooperation and integration
- long-standing experience of strategic planning in academia with proven experience in academic self-administration
- competences to implement diversity and equal opportunities measures
The candidate should be prepared to take office by 1 October 2024.
It is required that the Rector transfers his/her residence to the Province of Bozen-Bolzano.
Applications should be accompanied by a signed curriculum vitae with particular reference to the levels of proficiency in the three languages, the management experience, publications (list of publications) and third-party funding obtained (list indicating the candidate's role, project title, project acronym, funding body, duration and amount). Applications will be sent by post or email (email@example.com) to the President of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Franz-Innerhofer-Platz 8, post office box 276, 39100 Bozen-Bolzano, Italy, no later than 19 July 2023. The invitation to the hearings will be sent to the selected candidates via e-mail. The hearings will take place in presence in Bozen-Bolzano between 26 September and 6 October 2023.
For further information on the position and the Statute of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, please visit www.unibz.it or call us on +39 0471 011010.