About BeiGene Bio-Island Innovation Center
BIC is a fully integrated biotechnology incubator with dedicated discovery scientists, venture investors and operational support teams to breed the next generation of leading biotech companies with potential breakthrough discovery platform or therapeutics. Since its inauguration in December 2021, BIC has successfully recruited a dedicated team of industry veterans with decades of discovery experiences from leading global pharms and enthusiastic young talents from leading academic institutes. BIC also established a portfolio of incubation opportunities with US and China-based entrepreneurs.
The ideal candidate will become part of the scientific leadership team at BIC, partnering with the CSO, venture head, and other functional heads to evaluate incubation opportunities, develop and execute R&D plans with the scientific founders to create and grow the new venture. The ideal candidate will be responsible to develop local capabilities to enable the discovery and optimization of biologics with the appropriate pharmaceutical properties for clinical POC.
Scopes & Responsibilities
- Be the responsible DMPK/PD representative in multi-functional expert teams for the evaluation of new chemical entities (NCE)
- Analyze and identify the main DMPK liabilities for new chemical series during the Lead Identification phase
- Create and implement an eADME optimization strategy that minimizes safety liabilities and ensures appropriate exposure during preclinical safety testing as well as in the clinic
- Provide a strategy to understand the PK/PD relationship of NCEs, including exposure at target, target occupancy, target engagement, and their link to (preclinical) efficacy
- Plan (in close collaboration with technology platform-owners), ADME, PK, and PK/PD studies, which are needed to select and characterize investigational new drugs
- Integrate DMPK/PD, bioanalytical, and biotransformation data to address key issues and enable informed, timely decision making
- Prepare scientific assessments of non-clinical DMPK information on development compounds suitable for internal program review and regulatory submissions
- Expand scientific visibility and maintain effective interactions with internal and external collaborators
- Contribute to scientific advancements in the DMPK/PD field
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in pharmaceutical sciences or other relevant bioscience discipline. At least five years of Industrial experience.
- Ability to communicate confidently in English with colleagues and collaborators via teleconferences, presentations and written reports
- In-depth experience with modern approaches in DMPK/PD used to support drug discovery projects (in vitro, in vivo, and computational tools)
- People management experience preferred
- Background in working closely with colleagues in chemistry, biology, in vivo DMPK and pharmacology
- Knowledge of the drug development processes the context of pharmaceutical industry
- DMPK/PD based experience and track record in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Knowledge and familiarity with common DMPK assays and early DMPK compound screening strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
How to apply
Please send your application to: Yuhui.firstname.lastname@example.org