The long-term objective of the Centre for Oncology and Immunology is to identify druggable cancer targets of recalcitrant malignancies and developing therapeutics leading to clinical trials and commercialization. Aspects of our work include
- executing novel functional screens,
- developing animal and cell models including organoids,
- developing novel approaches to immuno-oncology, and
- performing advanced genomic and proteomic techniques at single cell resolution.
Success in this venture will address pressing unmet medical needs and establish Hong Kong as a leading hub of innovative anti-cancer and immuno-oncology drug development.
The position will focus on developing novel immunotherapeutics under the direction of Prof. Naoto Hirano as part of a collaborative program between the University of Hong Kong and the University Health Network/Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (Canada). The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the principal investigator’s scientific teams at the Centre of Oncology and Immunology and the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre to perform translational research in cancer immunotherapy.
Applicants are expected to contribute to collaborative research projects in cell-based immuno-oncology drug development.
Qualifications and skills:
Applicants should have strong research background in biomedical sciences, bioengineering and biological science, preferably in cancer biology, immunology, immuno-oncology, molecular biology, genomic, proteomic, or metabolomic.
We are seeking enthusiast applicants in possession of the following:
- Possess a proven track record of publishing academic research papers
- Understanding and/or experience in immuno-bioengineering
- Experienced in molecular biology and cellular immunology laboratory techniques, including handling mammalian cell culture
- Specialised research interest in structural biology
- Understanding and experience in development of ‘muteins’
- Experienced in humanized mouse models
- Experienced in animal handling techniques
- Experienced in clinical trial theory and practice and establishing translational research processes and infrastructures
Applicants should have a good command of written and spoken English, strong communication skills, and be self-motivated, hardworking and able to work well in an interdisciplinary team.
The appointees shall work in Hong Kong Science and Technology Park.
Overseas graduates are welcome to apply; the qualification awarding institution should be ranked in the top 100 institutions for STEM-related subjects in QS/Shanghai Jiao Tong Uni/Times Higher Education/U.S. News world university rankings.
Applicants for the Postdoctoral Fellow posts should possess a Ph.D. degree or an equivalent qualification in one of the said or related disciplines. (H03/2023/B1/UHN)
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a C.V. and research publication list, quoting the job reference number, with information of current/expected remuneration and availability, to email@example.com.
Review of applications will commence as soon as possible or until the posts are filled.
The personal data provided in your application process will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. The personal data may be transferred and disclosed to, and used by, HKU Innovation Holdings Limited and The University of Hong Kong for the above mentioned purposes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.