The Center for Evolutionary & Organismal Biology at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China, invites applications from evolutionary scientists for All ranks, Assistant or Associate, Full-Professor. Applications from both Chinese and non-Chinese nationals are all welcomed and will be evaluated on experience and qualifications on an equal opportunity basis. Successful candidates must hold a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and have demonstrated the potential to establish a vibrant independent research program.
The CEOB is a brand-new institute in China with a research focus on evolution. The center is hosted by the School of Medicine and receives strong support from the university and Zhejiang Province. The research disciplines in the center include but are not limited to, evolutionary developmental biology, evolutionary genomics, evolutionary medicine, experimental evolution, bioinformatics, and population genetics.
Each faculty member will receive an internationally competitive salary and start-up package that includes long-term and sufficient research funds, ample laboratory space, excellent equipment, and research support. The center already hosts several PIs in the fields of evolutionary genomics, computational biology, and evolutionary developmental biology. We offer
- State-of-the-art research space;
- A workplace that values diversity and promotes junior researchers;
- A young and internationally recognized, vibrant, and collaborative research environment;
- Highly-motivated student pool;
- The cutting-edge genomic and molecular biology facilities;
- International collaboration network.
- A very good doctorate (Ph.D/M.D) in the relevant research areas;
- A visible publication track record reflecting your scientific excellence and research focus;
- A convincing research concept and plan;
- A team player mentality, good communication skills, and the ability to successfully lead diverse international teams.
- Building an innovative team;
- Personal advancement skills to secure external funding;
- Enthusiasm in teaching and nursing the next generation of evolutionary biologists;
- Engagement in the academic self-administration of the center;
- Establishing cross-disciplinaries research programs in collaboration with researchers from other fields.
- Letter of motivation with a clear statement of why the center as a research location is interesting for you & where your career should take you;
- Curriculum vitae; -List of publications; -Copies of the certificates;
- Research concept including graphical abstract (max. 2 pages);
- References (max. 3).
Deadline: October 31st, 2023
Prof. Guojie Zhang
Joint Recruitment Position: Postdoc (at least 460,000 RMB per year)
Center for Evolutionary & Organismal Biology at Zhejiang University and Alibaba.
1. A Ph.D. in fields related to data science, artificial intelligence, deep learning, bioinformatics, and genomics (in no particular order) is required.
2. Familiar with machine learning models, such as deep learning, neural network algorithms, etc., with the ability to develop related models. Candidates with a background in genomics are preferred.
3. Have published papers as first author or co-first author in international journals, with independent thinking ability, and be able to explore new methods and technologies.
4. Excellent academic background and innovative research ideas in this field, with a solid professional foundation.
5. Have a long-term commitment to scientific research and possess a sense of responsibility and teamwork.
6. Have good communication and writing skill in English.
The position involves using machine learning algorithms to carry out genomic data mining and developing new genomic analysis algorithms. The candidate will integrate machine learning methods with large-scale genomic data to build the link between genotype and phenotype. There will be many research topics to choose from. The topic will be jointly guided by Professor Guojie Zhang's team at the Center for Evolutionary & Organismal Biology at Zhejiang University and Dr. Jieping Ye's team at Alibaba. These two teams have already carried out cutting-edge research in genomics, collected large amounts of data, and developed new models for genomic data mining. We look forward to your joining us.
1. Competitive salary will be offered (annual salary of 460,000-520,000 RMB per year, negotiable).
2. The relevant benefits of Zhejiang University while working closely with the Alibaba research team.
3. International and multidisciplinary research environment.
4. Be able to organize and conduct cutting-edge research in genomics and participate in Major and International Cooperative research programs.
5. We will offer open research environment and the opportunity to explore your long-term personal career development.
6. According to the relevant regulations of the university, you can apply for on-campus housing.
7. Fully support the recruits apply the fundings from University and the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
8. Other benefits will be provided preferentially according to the qualifications of the candidates.
Tel: 0571 8820 8707