Would you like to contribute to two of the leading open access health journals worldwide?
The Lancet Digital Health and The Lancet Global Health are part of a growing family of world-renowned medical journals committed to publishing the best science for better lives. We are two small and friendly teams handling a high volume of submissions while priding ourselves on offering a personalised service to the researchers who publish with us.
The Senior Editor will work across both journals alongside other Senior Editors, a Deputy Editor, and the Editors-in-Chief in all aspects of the organisation and preparation of the journal. You will encounter some of the best research in the world, collaborate with a truly global authorship base, and get to work closely with other journal editors as well as our our in-house specialists in technical editing, production, marketing, communications, and administration.
This position is available for a fixed term of 12 months.
As Senior Editor you will:
- Identify experts to act as peer reviewers on selected submissions
- Commission and handle special project content
- Develop and maintain links with the digital and global health communities to solicit high-quality research and thought leadership for the journal
- Attend conferences and other events, to represent the journals, to identify suitable topics and authors, and to keep up-to-date with current developments in digital and global health
- Higher degree in a relevant discipline (eg, digital health, public health, biomedical science)
- Research experience in a relevant field or experience in the wider development community
- Some editorial experience, with a good understanding of all aspects of the journal publishing process
- First-class critical analysis skills
- A genuine commitment to equity in health and health-care
- An unfailingly can-do attitude
We promote a healthy work-life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance, and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
For this particular role, we do not expect daily attendance in the office but believe that regular in-person team meetings can be beneficial for us all. You will have a clearly defined schedule of work, and the way you use your weekly hours to complete it will be up to you.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working remotely from home and at our office in a hybrid working style
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
- Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits
- Wellbeing programs
- Life assurance
- Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Save As You Earn share option scheme
- Travel Season ticket loan
- Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
- RE CARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
- Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
- Access to extensive learning and development resources
- Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.