Do you have an exceptional eye for accuracy and detail?
Would you like to be part of a team that edits research for a leading medical journal?
About our team
The Lancet journals are a family of world-renowned medical journals committed to publishing the best science for better lives. We are a large collaborative team handling high-quality research post-acceptance for 18 Lancet titles. We liaise closely with our in-house editorial teams and academic authors to provide a personalised and exceptional publishing service.
About the role
As a Senior Assistant Editor, you will provide a detailed scientific copyedit of cutting-edge research papers. After comprehensive in-house training to hone your skills, you will ensure that studies are fully and accurately reported and that our language is clear and accessible to our international readership. You will play a key role in the post-acceptance peer-review process across all Lancet journals to successfully deliver and publish articles in a timely manner.
- Editing research articles along with opinion pieces and review content for a broad range of scientific and medical disciplines
- Overseeing the accurate reporting of research according to our guidelines and ensuring all quality control measures are met
- Liaising with other editors, authors, and production teams to perfect papers for publication
- Collaborating with colleagues to improve internal policies and processes
- Mentoring and guiding new Assistant Editors to help develop their skills and knowledge in research publishing
- Have a BSc in biological or related science or demonstrate equivalent experience or knowledge
- Demonstrate editorial experience at a Science, Technology, or Medical journal
- Have excellent spelling, grammar, and clarity in written English
- Enjoy collaborating with teams to deliver on-time weekly deadlines
- Be able to communicate and negotiate constructively with members of the medical profession, the media, and colleagues
- Have good IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working remotely from home and at our office in a hybrid working style
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
- Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits
- Wellbeing programs
- Life assurance
- Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
- Long service awards
- Save As You Earn share option scheme
- Travel Season ticket loan
- Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
- RE CARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
- Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
- Access to extensive learning and development resources
- Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.