Nanchang University (NCU) is located in Nanchang, a famous historical and cultural city, which is the capital of Jiangxi Province, an eastern part of China. It is a comprehensive university that is listed in the national “Double First-Class” Initiative of China and co-constructed by the Chinese Ministry of Education and Jiangxi Province. NCU consists of five faculties, namely Humanities, Social Sciences, Science & Technology (Division I), Science & Technology (Division II) and Medicine, and contains 5 affiliated hospitals, and 9 national clinical key specialist disciplines. NCU encompasses 132 undergraduate majors categorized within 12 disciplines, 51 academic master’s degrees programs, 31 specialty master’s degrees programs, 22 academic doctor degrees programs, 3 specialty doctor degrees programs, and 11 postdoctoral scientific research stations. Twelve subjects are among the top 1% of ESI ranking in the world, among which the Agricultural Science (mainly Food Science) is at the top 0.6%.
In the new era, the Jiangxi Province Governments have decided to “invest all provincial efforts to construct Nanchang University along the direction of the world-class universities”. On the basis of cultivating virtues and talents, Nanchang University has actively implemented the strategy to build up a research-intensive university featured by innovation and integration of education, research and industry, all of which are strengthened by talented scholars. While staying realistic and pragmatic, the leadership forges ahead in an innovative and enterprising spirit and strives to build a world-class university with “Jiangxi-grounded Chinese characteristics”.
All outstanding talents are warmly welcome to join Nanchang University to contribute yours wisdoms, realize your dreams and seek common development!
I. Recruitment Positions
Deans of 6 schools: School of Journalism and Communication, School of Advanced Manufacturing, School of Information Engineering, School of Life Sciences, School of Basic Medical Sciences and School of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Dean of 1 affiliate: Jiangxi Academy of Medical Sciences.
II. Requirements for Candidates
1. Abide by the Constitution and laws of the People’s Republic of China, execute the fundamental task of cultivating virtues and talent, and exhibit full passion on higher education.
2. Strong publication records and influential achievements in research that are recognized by international peers and excellent leadership in relevant fields.
3. Strong leadership, teamwork spirit and dedication, and strategic vision on the development of the related school in research and education which can lead to internationally advanced levels.
4. Full-time position
III. Mode of Appointment
The term of the first appointment is 4 years ; appointment may be renewed if passing the assessment upon expiration of the term.
IV. Salary, Benefits and Start-up Package
The salary and benefits are generous and negotiable upon different qualifications. Start-up package is competitive.
V. Position Description
1. Take charge of the overall administrative work of the school (unit). Plan and work out the overall developmental goals of the school (unit) in compliance with the university objective of creating a world-class university and disciplines and assure and promote implementation of various reform and developmental tasks.
2. Recruit and cultivate high levels of faculty members and outstanding young talents for the school (unit); lead and establish high level teams of faculty full of creativity with competitiveness, influence and moving up spirit.
3. Make strategic decision on the direction of research, adjust discipline structure, strengthen research and innovation capabilities of the school (unit), and organize the application for state-level key and major project grants; incubate and form major platforms for team achievements; facilitate research collaboration between industries and the university; serve the needs of national strategy and regional socioeconomic development.
4. Promote the school’s teaching reform by focusing on the essential task of cultivating virtues and talents and considering the cultivation features of innovative and entrepreneurial talents; strengthen the construction of world-class majors and disciplines, improve talent cultivation system and improve talent cultivation quality comprehensively.
5. Establish long-term stable strategic cooperation with the world’s renowned academic institutions on education and research, promote high-level international exchange and cooperation, improve globalization, and enhance global competitiveness of the school (unit).
6. Finish other working assignments specified in employment contract.
VI. Documents to Be Provided by Applicants
1. Curriculum Vitae.
2. Summary of achievements (including 5 most representative publications).
3. Research proposal and teaching and administrative work plans (including thoughts, objectives and measures of boosting the high-quality development of the school and disciplines).
4. Arrange three letters of recommendation directly sent to the Human Resources Department of Nanchang University.
All applicants shall make application based on the principles of integrity and commitment and warrant the accuracy and validity of the information they provide. Whoever provides any false materials will be disqualified upon discovery.
VII. Application Deadline
From the date of the announcement to June 30, 2023.
VIII. Application Process
1. Qualification review. The university will appraise applicants’ qualifications in order to determine those eligible for an interview.
2. Interview. The university will conduct interviews online (overseas talent) or offline in order to determine the applications included in the next stage of investigation.
3. Employment. After decision made on the applicants, the university will issue an employment contract with appointees and procced through the relevant employment procedures.
Address: Human Resources Office of Nanchang University at 999 Xuefu Avenue, Nanchang City
Postal Code: 330031
Contact: Mr. Jin-Sheng Cao, Mr. Yu-Guang Yang
Tel: 0791-83969050, 83969074
The university will keep confidential all invited applicants coming to the site, provide board and lodging for candidates and reimburse domestic or international flight fares.