Journal Publishing Manager
2 days left
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Publishers
- New Rochelle, New York
- Commensurate with the position and candidate experience
- 05 Apr 2023
- 04 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
Join the fastest growing media brand in the life sciences!
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is a global media company dedicated to creating, curating, and delivering impactful peer-reviewed research and authoritative content services to advance the fields of biotechnology and the life sciences, specialized clinical medicine, and public health and policy.
We are seeking an experienced Journal Publishing Manager I Peer-Reviewed Academic Journals I Biomedical team member to be responsible for the editorial oversight, growth, and development of a collection of 20+ internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals within the Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. portfolio.
Responsible for ensuring the quality, impact, growth, visibility, influence, and success of the academic journal portfolio they oversee, the Journal Publishing Manager must have experience working on academic peer-reviewed journals and have fundamental skills that include all aspects of managing top-performing peer-reviewed journals. This individual will maintain acute attention on emerging scientific fields, advancements in technologies and innovations, and imperative global initiatives that are driving fields forward.
- Oversee all Editorial operations and oversight of assigned peer-reviewed journals.
- Research and analyze comparative data to facilitate optimal editorial growth, content development, and journal impact strategies.
- Assess competing journals and plan competitive strategies.
- Collaborate with various departments including Marketing, Sales, and Operations teams to galvanize international opportunities for all journals within the portfolio.
- Research, build, and implement new international editorial approaches for each journal
- Active participation and communication with Editors-in-Chief, Managing Editors, and Editorial Board members on a range of topics including journal development, assessment of critical content, manuscript acquisition strategies, content curation, etc.
- Must have strong working knowledge of PubMed/MEDLINE, PMC, Web of Science, Scopus, and ScholarOne.
- Other Editorial tasks as requested.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree or PhD in biomedical or life sciences fields a bonus. 6+ years of STEM academic publishing and/or academic journal management experience in the STM market. Excellent project management and organizational skills. Experienced communication skills; conflict/resolution experience; strong presentation ability (via remote platforms and in person). Must have exceptional knowledge of academic peer review processes. Clear understanding and familiarity of major indexing services including PubMed/MEDLINE, PubMed Central, Web of Science, ScholarOne; familiar with academic journal online hosting platforms (i.e., Atypon, HighWire, etc.). Critical thinking, speed of response, and flexibility are key character advantages. Solid computer skills, including knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- An opportunity to grow with an evolving, dynamic, and successful organization Competitive compensation, including a comprehensive benefits program (medical, FSA, dental, vision, 401k with match, short-term disability, and voluntary coverages such as long-term disability, life insurance, accident, and critical illness)
Interested candidates are encouraged to reply with a cover letter and resume.
Informing, inspiring, and advancing global innovation to support a healthy, sustainable future
Since our founding in 1980, we have focused on identifying areas of the greatest need in the fields we serve. We believe that specialist information powers better research, productivity, and outcomes. Today, our exceptional educational content and technology-enabled services inform leading researchers and clinicians around the globe, equip them with the tools and applications to make a difference in the lives of others, and enable them to make the next great scientific and medical breakthroughs.
Apply for Journal Publishing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly