The doctoral positions will be hosted by one of the research groups in NanoLund, the Center for Nanoscience at Lund University. Candidates can freely apply for one or more of the following projects in frontline research:
• Smart nanomaterials for green-tech applications
• Characterization of functional nanostructured magnetic materials
• Advanced nanostructures for photon detection and sustainable energy generation
• Building electronic devices that use information as fuel
• Ultrafast spectroscopy for new solar energy solutions
• Biomarker detection by optical sensing with nanowires
• Morphology and virulence among bacteria
• Multiscale biomechanics from molecules to cells in cancer
• Solubility of amyloid beta peptide (up to two positions)
• Nanoparticles in the brain: multitalented drug carriers to target neurodegenerative disease
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An international, highly visible nanoscience center.
• Exceptional scientific opportunities, training, and career development.
• State-of-the-art infrastructure.
• Internships in nanotechnology industry or abroad.
• Intellectual property training.
• Full-time employment on a fixed-term contract for four years including social security.
WHO ARE YOU?
You have a recent degree in physics, chemistry, biomedicine, biochemistry or a related field.
You are enthusiastic about tackling research problems and can work independently.
You enjoy interdisciplinary research and take keen interest in learning and working in teams.
HOW TO APPLY?
We look forward to receiving your application via the Lund University application management system by 4th May 2020
For more information, please visit
Contact: Dr. Gerda Rentschler, e-mail Gerda.Rentschler@ftf.lth.se
READ THE FULL ADVERTISEMENT AND APPLY BEFORE MAY 4, 2020