Europic is the world premier virology conference that focuses on studies of picornaviruses. This family of important human and animal pathogens includes enteroviruses (e.g. poliovirus, rhinoviruses, EV-A71, EV-D68), hepatitis A virus and foot-and-mouth disease virus, as well as many other viruses whose number is growing by day with new discoveries.
The topics covered will include picornavirus diversity and evolution, virus dissemination in the infected host, host reaction to picornavirus infection, virus–cell interactions, virus structure, the molecular mechanisms of the viral life cycle, molecular epidemiology and emergence of picornaviruses, ongoing surveillance and advances in clinical virology including diagnostics, vaccines and antiviral agents to control picornavirus infections.
The programme will include plenary talks from international experts along with shorter offered papers and poster sessions.
The programme of invited speaker for the meeting includes:
- Marga Pons-Salort (Imperial College London, UK)
- Jan Felix Drexler (German Center for Infection Research, Germany)
- Sir Dave Stuart (University of Oxford, UK)
- Varpu Marjomäki (University of Jyväskylä, Finland)
- Raul Andino (University of California, San Francisco, USA)
- Frank van Kuppeveld (Utrecht University, Netherlands)
- Bryan Charleston (Pirbright Institute, UK)
- Katja Wolthers (Amsterdam Universitair Medische Centra, Netherlands)
- Cara Burns (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA)
- Sebastian Johnston (Imperial College London, UK)
Early bird discounted rates are available until 4 March 2022.