The Qingdao Institute of Bioenergy and Bioprocess Technology, CAS
The Qingdao Institute of Bioenergy and Bioprocess Technology (QIBEBT) was cofounded by CAS, the provincial government of Shandong and the municipal government of Qingdao in 2006. The founding of QIBEBT followed the principle of "innovation driven, national-needs guided, scientific discovery and technology integration equally emphasized”. Guided by such spirit, QIBEBT has focused on research and development of new energy and advanced energy storage in the major fronts of life science and material science. These strategic, forward-looking and systematic endeavors are producing a series of breakthroughs in both frontier sciences and core technologies, and have generated international impact. These innovations and solutions are expected to make long-lasting and irreplaceable contributions, for fulfilling the tactical needs and for promoting social and economical development, at both the national and the regional levels.
Major Research Area
QIBEBT’s green energy and material research range from fundamental sciences, applied research to technology solutions, The major research areas include Frontier Biotechnology, Renewable Energy, Advanced materials, as well as Strategic Analysis.
- Gene editing technology
- Single-cell analysis technology
- Synthetic biotechnology
- Microbiome technology
- Metabolic engineering
- Featured bio-resources and scale cultivation
- High value biological function products
- Biofuel conversion technology
- New organic solar cells, perovskite solar cells
- Large-capacity advanced physical storage
- High-density advanced chemical storage
- Biomass-based new materials
- Carbon-based new materials
- Smart bionic new materials
- High-performance membrane materials
- Advanced composite materials
There are 1 national platform and 11 provincial laboratories in QIBEBT, including 2 state key laboratories and 2 CAS key laboratories. In the past 5 years, QIBEBT received RMB 593 million in funds, won over 120 million per year. More than 1,000 SCI papers were published on high-level journals such as JACS, ANGEW, ADV MATER. The operating revenues of patents and high-tech corporations have totaled 1 billion RMB 1000 million. In addition, QIBEBT ranks the Top 10 in basic research of microbiology based on NSFC in China.
- 1 Campus, 2 Demonstration sites,150000m2 Campus area
- 4 Key Laboratories in Biofuel and Bio-based Material
- 600 Employees, 55 Professors, 83 Associate professors, 110 Postdocs
- 6 PhD Programs, 9 Mater’s Programs, 350 Postgraduate Students
- 83 Researchers received awards from national, provincial, and CAS talent programs
- Innovation capacity based on technology transfer ranks no.1 among local research agencies
Living and Working In Qingdao
The city of Qingdao is located in the southeast of Shandong Peninsula of China, and on the coast of the beautiful Yellow Sea. It is the largest city in its province with a population of 9 million including an urban population of 6 million. The city’s annual GDP reached 1 trillion yuan ($144.9 billion) since 2016, becoming the 12th city to achieve this nationwide and the third in northern China after Beijing and Tianjin.
Qingdao was named one of China’s most livable cities since 2009; it is safe, clean, and comfortable, has high-speed rail transportation, outstanding public transportation and excellent childcare and schools. Qingdao is an inspiring and vibrant city with deep historical roots and an intense cultural life. There is something here for everyone to love.
- Working at QIBEBT, you will benefit from outstanding professional support and potential for career development, as well as competitive compensation and startup funds. Outstanding candidates with expertise related to our major research areas are all welcomed.
- More on working, teaching, and research at QIBEBT please visit www.qibebt.cas.cn
- For employment opportunities of Professorship, please visit http://hr.qibebt.ac.cn/
GUAN Jie, YAN Xingcheng
Tel: +86-532-80662788, +86-532-80662784