Science in Shorts
Nature believes that research matters to everyone. But not everyone knows it. We want to tell the world about your work, what you do and why it matters. And we want it to be approachable, engaging and easy to digest.
- Tell the world about your research in a 1 minute video. What are you doing and why does it matter?
- Your audience is everyone.
- Your goal is to inform, engage and entertain.
- Be as creative as you like, as long the science is accurate. Express yourself and don’t be afraid to show your personality.
- There’s no need for specialist kit or sophisticated software. Videos can be shot on a smartphone. We’ve created some tips to help you get your video right [link to pointers below].
- Every video that we agree is clear, accurate, and engaging will be added to the Science in Shorts library on nature.com.
- We’ll then select our favourite videos and give a prize of €5000 to each - up to 10 videos will be selected.
- The whole collection will be shared with the public, globally.
- Join in. Help us show that research matters to everyone.