Light: Science & Applications makes all content freely available to all researchers worldwide, ensuring maximum dissemination of content through the nature.com platform. Content is published online on a weekly basis to provide timely communication to the community and keep publication times to a minimum.
Publishing open access
Light: Science & Applications is an open access journal: authors pay an article processing charge (APC) for their accepted articles to be open access online and freely accessible immediately upon publication, under a Creative Commons license.
Visit our open research site for detailed information about publishing open access in Light: Science & Applications:
- About Creative Commons licensing
- Creative Commons license options and article processing charges (APCs) for Light: Science & Applications
- APC payment FAQs
- Help in identifying funding for APCs
- Fee waiver policy
- Self-archiving and deposition
- Compliance with funding body requirements
Open access at Nature Research
Find out more about open access publishing at Nature Research: