Aims & Scope
Light: Science & Applications (LSA) is a peer-reviewed open access journal publishing highest-quality articles across the full spectrum of optics research. LSA promotes frontier research in all areas of optics and photonics, including basic, applied, scientific and engineering results.
The LSA Editorial Office commits to providing the best service for authors, readers, and reviewers. Our fair publication decisions and top journal reputation make LSA the first choice for reporting the top research results over all comparable journals.
Major topics within the journal's scope include the following:
- Biophotonics and Medical Optics
- Fiber Optics and Optical Communications
- Green Photonics
- Integrated and Optoelectronic Devices
- Lasers and Laser Optics
- Micro- and Nanophotonics
- Nonlinear Optics and Ultrafast Optics
- Optical Imaging and Display
- Optical Materials, Metamaterials and Photonic Crystals
- Optical Memory and Data Storage
- Optical Metrology and Detection
- Optical Spectroscopy
- Quantum Optics and Quantum Information
LSA publishes traditional columns, such as research papers, review articles, perspectives and historical reviews. It also features news and views as well as research highlights of the latest scientific findings in optics. In addition, Light People, a unique column in LSA, highlights interviews with scientists and engineers who are pioneers in their fields and shares notable moments in their lives, which may be beneficial to the optics and photonics community. The correspondence column opens a communication channel for authors and readers for further discussion of the articles published in LSA.