Aims and scope of journal
Laboratory Investigation is an international journal owned by the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology. Laboratory Investigation offers prompt publication of high-quality original research in all biomedical disciplines relating to the understanding of human disease and the application of new methods to the diagnosis of disease. Both human and experimental studies are welcome.
TYPES OF ARTICLES:
- Original Articles: Original research exploring mechanisms of disease pathogenesis. This includes structural and molecular pathogenesis of disease; mechanisms underlying the morphologic manifestations of disease; or translation of basic research findings into advances in assessment of human disease by laboratory diagnostic methodologies.
- Technical Reports: Novel technical advances in the diagnosis of human disease or in the investigation of human or experimental disease. Advances must be substantive and of general interest. These are not short reports nor lesser papers than Original Articles.
- Mini-Reviews and Review Articles
- Pathobiology in Focus (by invitation only): Succinct critical reviews, commentaries, or controversies in mechanisms of human disease, as well as updates on seminal technological breakthroughs. The intent of this series is to facilitate understanding and discussion on burgeoning issues in science with an emphasis on disease mechanisms.
Submit your next manuscript to Laboratory Investigation and benefit from:
- International and highly respected editorial team
- Rapid decision and publication times
- Wide exposure and article visibility via nature.com
- Owned by the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, the global leader in pathology education
- Articles promoted via Twitter and online topical Collections
- Free advice from Springer Nature’s Research Data Services
- Share your article through SharedIt - Springer Nature’s content-sharing initiative allowing authors and subscribers to share links to view-only, full-text articles from this journal
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
The 2021 journal metrics* for Laboratory Investigation are as follows:
2-year Impact Factor* (2022): 5.0
5-year Impact Factor* (2022): 5.5
Immediacy index*: 1.653
Eigenfactor® score*: 0.00824
Article influence score*: 1.253
JCR Rank*: PATHOLOGY 11/77
Journal Citation Score*: 1.6
The 2021 peer review performance metrics for Laboratory Investigation are shown below:
5 days to first decision for all manuscripts (Median)
41 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only (Median)
Article page views - 543,463
1,107,000 Downloads (in 2022)
1,269 Altmetric mentions (2021)
*2020 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2020)
Current Contents (Life Sciences, Science Citation Index, Research Alert, ISI/BioMed)
Biosciences Information Service
Reference Update/Research Information Services
ISSN and eISSN
The international standard serial number (ISSN) for Laboratory Investigation is 0023-6837 and the electronic international standard serial number (eISSN) is 1530-0307.
Laboratory Investigation now provides its latest table of contents as an RSS web feed. This allows users with an RSS reader to receive automatic updates whenever new content is added to these pages.
Find out more about RSS feeds, how to download an RSS reader and see all the news feeds offered by Springer Nature.