About the Journal
Aims and scope
Gene Therapy covers both the research and clinical applications of novel therapeutic techniques based on a genetic component. Over the last few decades, significant advances in technologies ranging from identifying novel genetic targets that cause disease through to clinical studies, which show therapeutic benefit, have elevated this multidisciplinary field to the forefront of modern medicine.
Gene Therapy covers all aspects of gene therapy as applied to human disease, including:
- preliminary studies which reveal novel genetic targets or strategies that improve a disease phenotype (Note: studies showing the mechanistic role of genetic elements alone, will be considered if significant therapeutic benefit or novelty is shown)
- the development of novel techniques for gene therapy research and improvements on established tools
- preclinical animal model systems and validation studies
- gene-based vaccine development and applications
- genetically engineered cellular models that can advance the validation of novel therapeutic targets, and drug discovery especially those using high-throughput applications and 3D modelling
- cell-based therapies including all aspects of stem cells and genetically modified cellular approaches (especially CRISPR and other gene editing strategies), including biobanking studies
- clinical trial reports which have significant impact for the field
- novel genetic biomarkers of disease susceptibility or disease progression with extensive scientific validation
- Industry sector pipeline profiles or commercial implications of gene therapies
- Regulatory landscapes and legislative issues pertaining to different global regions
Gene Therapy covers a range of subject areas, to read content across the scope of the journal view the journal's subjects page here.
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
The 2019 peer review performance metrics for Gene Therapy are shown below:
Average time to decision without external review - 17 days
Average time to decision following external review - 68 days
Average time from submission to acceptance - 148 days
Average time from acceptance to publication - 16 days
Article page views - 425,665
Altmetric mentions - 602
The 2019 journal metrics* for Gene Therapy are as follows:
2-year Impact Factor: 4.128
5-year Impact Factor: 3.254
Immediacy index: 0.767
Eigenfactor® score: 0.00552
Article influence score: 0.927
*2019 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2020)
Current Contents/Life Sciences
Science Citation Index
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
EBSCO Discovery Service
Social Science Citation Indes
Summon by ProQuest
EBSCO Academic Search
EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
EBSCO STM Source
EBSCO TOC Premier
ISSN and eISSN
International standard serial number (ISSN) for Gene Therapy: 0969-7128
Electronic international standard serial number (eISSN): 1476-5462.
Gene Therapy now provides its latest table of contents as an RSS web feed. This allows users with an RSS reader to receive automatic updates whenever new content is added to these pages.
Receive Gene Therapy's AOP table of contents.