About the Journal
Aims and scope
Gene Therapy covers both the research and clinical applications of the new genetic therapy techniques currently being developed. Over the last decade, gene therapy protocols have entered clinical trials in increasing numbers and as they cover a wide spectrum of diseases, these studies promise to unite the diverse organ-based specialities into which modern medicine has become divided. Gene Therapy covers all aspects of gene therapy as applied to human disease, including:
- novel technological developments for gene transfer, control and silencing
- 'Enabling technologies' describing novel technological, methodological or experimental techniques for gene therapy research
- basic science studies of mechanisms of gene transfer and control of expression
- preclinical animal model systems and validation studies
- clinical trial reports which have significant impact for the field
- gene-based vaccine development and applications
- cell-based therapies including all aspects of stem cells and genetically modified cellular approaches
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
The 2018 peer review performance metrics for Gene Therapy are shown below:
- Average time to decision without external review - 13 days
- Average time to decision following external review - 44 days
- Over 76,700 recipients in receipt of the monthly electronic table of contents alert.
- Over 1 million views of the journal website per year.
The 2018 journal metrics* for Gene Therapy are as follows:
- 2-year Impact Factor: 3.203
- Journal Rank: 122/292 Biochemistry & Molecular Biology | 48/160 Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology | 67/171 Genetics & Heredity | 54/133 Medicine, Research & Experimental
- 5-year Impact Factor: 3.015
- Immediacy index: 2.031
- Eigenfactor® score: 0.00769
- Article Influence Score: 0.917
*2017 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2018)
Current Contents/Life Sciences
Science Citation Index
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
EBSCO Discovery Service
Social Science Citation Indes
Summon by ProQuest
EBSCO Academic Search
EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
EBSCO STM Source
EBSCO TOC Premier
ISSN and eISSN
International standard serial number (ISSN) for Gene Therapy: 0969-7128
Electronic international standard serial number (eISSN): 1476-5462.
Gene Therapy now provides its latest table of contents as an RSS web feed. This allows users with an RSS reader to receive automatic updates whenever new content is added to these pages.
Receive Gene Therapy's AOP table of contents.