About the Journal
Aims and scope
The European Journal of Clinical Nutrition (EJCN) is an international, peer-reviewed journal covering all aspects of human and clinical nutrition. The journal welcomes original research, reviews, case reports and brief communications based on clinical, metabolic and epidemiological studies that describe methodologies, mechanisms, associations and benefits of nutritional interventions for clinical disease and health promotion.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Food and health (including functional foods and consumer protection)
- Interventions and public health nutrition
- Nutrition epidemiology
- Maternal nutrition, infants and children
- Nutrigenomics and molecular nutrition
- Body composition, energy expenditure and physical activity
- Carbohydrates, glycemic index and diabetes mellitus
- Lipids and cardiovascular/metabolic health
- Protein, malnutrition and wasting diseases
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Vitamins and plant food
- Minerals, trace elements and bone health
12 issues per year
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
The 2018 peer review performance metrics for the European Journal of Cinical Nutrition are shown below:
- Average time to decision without external review - 7 days
- Average time to decision following external review - 43 days
- Over 30,000 recipients in receipt of the monthly electronic table of contents alert.
- Over 1.3 million views of the journal website per year.
The 2018 journal metrics* for the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition are as follows:
- 2-year Impact Factor: 2.954
- Journal Rank: 37/81 Nutrition & Dietetics
- 5-year Impact Factor: 3.293
- Immediacy index: 0.917
- Eigenfactor® score: 0.01529
- Article Influence Score: 0.985
*2017 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2018)
SJR Index 2016: 1.249
33/124 Nutrition & Dietetics
EBSCO Discovery Service
Current Contents Clinical Medicine
Current Contents Life Sciences
Science Citation Index
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
Summon by ProQuest
EBSCO Academic Search
EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
ISSN and eISSN
International standard serial number (ISSN): 0954-3007
Electronic international standard serial number (eISSN): 1476-5640.
The European Journal of Clinical Nutrition now provides its latest table of contents as an RSS web feed. This allows users with an RSS reader to receive automatic updates whenever new content is added to these pages.