- Editor's Choice (Free): Statistical analysis of continuous outcomes from parallel-arm randomized controlled trials in nutrition: a tutorial
- Featured Papers (Free): Gastrointestinal surgery and the gut microbiome: a systematic literature review
- Health economic benefits from optimized meal services to older adults: a literature-based synthesis
- Estimating total daily energy requirements in community-dwelling older adults: validity of previous predictive equations and modeling of a new approach
This month we are featuring Associate Editor, Dr Anoop Misra
- The European Journal of Clinical Nutrition is happy to announce the establishment of two research awards in memory of Professor John Waterlow and Professor John Garrow, two eminent and world renowned nutrition scientists intimately associated with EJCN.
- Professor John Waterlow (1916-2010) was the founding editor of EJCN and was known the world over for his work on childhood malnutrition and clinical nutrition, and many eminent and senior nutritionists of today trained under him. Professor John Garrow (1929-2016) took over the journal from John Waterlow, while continuing his research work. John Garrow is recognized as a pioneer in obesity research and public health, and was an inventor of many clinical instruments. These two awards are hence aimed at continuing their legacy of research excellence by recognising tangible contributions to alleviating our current health issues through nutrition. EJCN is proud to call for nominations towards these two prestigious awards:
- John Waterlow Clinical Nutrition Award 2020 - open to all researchers
- John Garrow Clinical Nutrition Award 2020 - open to all student researchers
- Each award will carry a cash prize of £500, a certificate and 1 year online access to EJCN
- For more information about each award and details on how to enter please see our Announcements Page. We look forward to receiving your submissions.
Read the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition's latest special issue on Vitamin D. All papers are free to read for 4 weeks.
Trending - Altmetric
Are edible insects more or less ‘healthy’ than commonly consumed meats? A comparison using two nutrient profiling models developed to combat over- and undernutrition
Vinegar dressing and cold storage of potatoes lowers postprandial glycaemic and insulinaemic responses in healthy subjects
Adult weight gain and the risk of cardiovascular disease: a systematic review and dose–response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies
Dietetic management of obesity in Europe: gaps in current practice