About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Bone Marrow Transplantation publishes high quality, peer reviewed research that address all aspects of basic biology and clinical use of haemopoietic cell transplantation. The journal also covers all aspects of the research and treatment of transplant-related complications and consequences, including quality of life and psychological issues. Basic research studies on topics of relevance are also covered.
The broad scope of the journal encompasses, but is not limited to, topics such as:
- stem cell biology
- transplantation immunology (including animal models)
- translational research
- cellular therapy
- clinical results of specific protocols
We publish a range of content types including original research articles, technical reports, reviews, correspondence and perspectives that elaborate on significant advances in the field and cover topical issues.
12 issues per year
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
The 2019 peer review performance metrics for Bone Marrow Transplantation are shown below:
- Average time to decision without external review - 5 days
- Average time to decision following external review - 32 days
- Articles published online within approximately 15 days and in print within 3 months.
- Over 51,000 recipients in receipt of the monthly electronic table of contents alert.
- Almost 2 million views of the journal website per year.
The 2019 journal metrics* for Bone Marrow Transplantation are as follows:
- 2-year Impact Factor: 4.674
- Journal Rank: 3/25 Transplantation, 16/73 Hematology, 45/158 Immunology, 60/229 Oncology
- 5-year Impact Factor: 4.617
- Immediacy index: 1.292
- Eigenfactor® score: 0.02071
- Article Influence Score: 1.571
*2018 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2019)
EBSCO Discovery Service
Science Citation Index
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
Current Contents/Life Sciences
Summon by ProQuest
EBSCO Academic Search
EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
EBSCO STM Source
EBSCO TOC Premier
ISSN and eISSN
International standard serial number (ISSN): 0268-3369
Electronic international standard serial number (eISSN): 1476-5365.
Bone Marrow Transplantation now provides its latest table of contents as an RSS web feed. This allows users with an RSS reader to receive automatic updates whenever new content is added to these pages.