About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Bone Marrow Transplantation publishes high quality, peer reviewed research that address all aspects of basic biology and clinical use of haemopoietic cell transplantation. The journal also covers all aspects of the research and treatment of transplant-related complications and consequences, including quality of life and psychological issues. Basic research studies on topics of relevance are also covered.
The broad scope of the journal encompasses, but is not limited to, topics such as:
- stem cell biology
- transplantation immunology (including animal models)
- translational research
- cellular therapy
- clinical results of specific protocols
We publish a range of content types including original research articles, technical reports, reviews, correspondence and perspectives that elaborate on significant advances in the field and cover topical issues.
Why Publish in Bone Marrow Transplantation?
- Ranking in the top quartile of hematology and trasnplantation journals worldwide, we are the official publication of the European Society of Bone and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT).
- We provide wide exposure and high visibility for your publication through our nature.com platform, and we also offer funder-compliant open access options.
- We publish high quality, peer reviewed original research and reviews across all aspects of basic biology and clinical use of haemopoietic cell transplantation.
- World's leading voices in the field form our expert editorial team, providing attractive turnaround times from first decision to publication.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 99% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
Article metrics such as number of downloads, citations and online attention are available from each article page, and provide an overview of the attention received by a paper.
The 2020 peer review performance metrics for Bone Marrow Transplantation are shown below:
Average time to decision without external review - 5 days
Average time to decision following external review - 21 days
Average time from submission to acceptance - 103 days
Average time from acceptance to publication - 16 days
Article page views - 892,194
Altmetric mentions - 4,995
The 2020 journal metrics* for Bone Marrow Transplantation are as follows:
2-year Impact Factor: 4.725
5-year Impact Factor: 4.416
Immediacy index: 1.386
Eigenfactor® score: 0.01583
Article influence score: 1.388
*2019 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics, 2020)
For more information on these journal metrics, please visit this link
12 issues per year
EBSCO Discovery Service
Science Citation Index
Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
Current Contents/Life Sciences
Summon by ProQuest
EBSCO Academic Search
EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
EBSCO STM Source
EBSCO TOC Premier
ISSN and eISSN
International standard serial number (ISSN): 0268-3369
Electronic international standard serial number (eISSN): 1476-5365.
Bone Marrow Transplantation now provides its latest table of contents as an RSS web feed. This allows users with an RSS reader to receive automatic updates whenever new content is added to these pages.