BDJ Open makes all content freely available to all researchers worldwide, ensuring maximum dissemination of content through the nature.com platform. Content is published online regularly to provide timely communication to the community and keep publication times to a minimum.
Publishing open access
BDJ Open is an open access journal: authors pay an article processing charge (APC) for their accepted articles to be open access online and freely accessible, immediately upon publication, under a Creative Commons license.
To facilitate self-archiving NPG deposits open access articles in PubMed Central and Europe PubMed Central on publication. Authors are also permitted to post the final, published PDF of their article on a website, institutional repository or other free public server, immediately on publication.
Visit our open research site for detailed information about publishing open access in BDJ Open:
- What is open access?
- About Creative Commons licensing
- Creative Commons license options and article processing charges (APCs) for BDJ Open
- APC payment FAQs
- Help in identifying funding for APCs
- Fee waiver policy
- Self-archiving and deposition
- Compliance with funding body requirements
- NPG journals offering an open access publishing option