Why publish with the BDJ?
- For reputation: set up in 1872, the BDJ is one of the longest established dental journals in the world
- For real-world impact: influence front-line dental practice through the BDJ’s wide clinical readership
- For Impact Factor: 2-year IF = 2.6 (2022 Journal Citation Reports®)
- For wide dissemination: over 29k Twitter followers and 11k Facebook followers - get big online attention and social impact
- For reach: 4,458,012 million downloads (2022 COUNTER 5)
- For submission and refereeing process: Median time from submission to the first editorial decision is 9 days.
- For expert advice: we have a dedicated and experienced editorial team to guide you through publication.
Corresponding author Dr Saoirse O’Toole commented: It was a pleasure to publish in the British Dental Journal alongside other respected authors in my field. I was delighted at the reach of the article and thank the BDJ team for helping to bring awareness to the condition of erosive tooth wear. The submission process was very quick and the editorial team were helpful in their communications. I would not hesitate to publish in the BDJ again.