Article metrics for:
Last updated: Mon, 20 May 2019 04:39:33 GMT
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 133
- Blogged by 9
- On 14 Facebook pages
- Mentioned in 1 Google+ posts
- Picked up by 54 news outlets
- 1 Reddit
- 103 readers on Mendeley
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 689th) of the 269,078 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 96th percentile (ranked 1st) of the 29 tracked articles of a similar age in Translational Psychiatry
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (54)
- Trump’s base is abandoning the NFL ahead of Super Bowl 2018, poll shows Newsweek
- Playing football young may bring problems CNN News
- Youth football linked to early signs of CTE, future emotional problems azfamily.com
- Playing football young may mean earlier cognitive, emotional problems Action News Now
- Playing Football Young May Mean Earlier Cognitive, Emotional Problems Billings Gazette
- Football Can Damage Kids' Brains -- Even If They Don't Get Concussions KRWG TV/FM
- Tackle Football Before Age 12 Can Cause Brain Damage, Study Says CBS Local Denver
Scientific blogs (9)
- Tackle football before age 12 may boost risks of cognitive, mood disorders Ars Technica
- Youth Football Is Linked To Later-Life Emotional And Cognitive Problems CommonHealth
- Youth Football Linked to Emotional and Behavioral Impairments Later in Life Neuroscience RSS Feeds - Neuroscience News Updates
- Playing American football before age 12 is linked to long-term neuropsychiatric and cognitive problems SharpBrains
- Neuro Expert Links Football Before Age 12 to Long-term Brain Effects Chromatography Techniques All
- Early Exposure to Football May Have Long-Term Behavioral Consequences Psych News Alert
- What the Science Tells Us About Making Football Safer This CTE Awareness Day The Equation
Google+ posts (1)
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||51||38.35%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database may vary by service. The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science and CrossRef. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.