Article metrics for:
Last updated: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 13:59:04 GMT
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 152
- Blogged by 2
- On 13 Facebook pages
- Mentioned in 3 Google+ posts
- Picked up by 69 news outlets
- 3 Reddit
- 1 F1000
- 43 readers on Mendeley
- 1 readers on Citeulike
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 777th) of the 369,972 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 14th) of the 4,914 tracked articles of a similar age in Scientific Reports
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (69)
- News story from Littlehampton Gazette on Monday 26 December 2016 Littlehampton Gazette
- News story from Worthing Herald on Monday 26 December 2016 Worthing Herald
- Sunlight boosts health by energising immune system Mid Sussex Times
- Another benefit! Sunlight can boost your immune system Business Standard
- Bask in the sunlight to energise your immune cells Daijiworld.com
- Want to fight off infections? Then you should get more sunlight Health Medicinet
- News story from The Express on Tuesday 20 December 2016 The Express
Scientific blogs (2)
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||73||48.03%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database may vary by service. The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science and CrossRef. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.