Article metrics for:
Last updated: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 10:37:12 GMT
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 330
- Blogged by 16
- On 2 Facebook pages
- Picked up by 160 news outlets
- 139 readers on Mendeley
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 83rd) of the 253,380 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 96th percentile (ranked 2nd) of the 50 tracked articles of a similar age in Nature Geoscience
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (160)
- Winds carry microplastics ‘everywhere' - even on to remote mountaintops | Environment The Guardian
- Mikroplastik gelangt bis in entlegene Regionen Die Welt
- Som vinden blæser: Mikroplast rejser gennem luften til øde bjergeområder | Kroppen DR
- Pristine mountains are being littered with microplastics from the air New Scientist
- A Shocking Find Shows How Far Wind Can Carry Microplastics Wired.com
- News story from Telegraph.co.uk on Monday 15 April 2019 Telegraph.co.uk
- Microplastics Can Travel Through the Air to Pollute the Remotest Parts of Earth Newsweek
- News story from Le Monde on Monday 15 April 2019 Le Monde
Scientific blogs (16)
- Микропластик долетел до Пиреней N+1: научные статьи, новости, открытия
- Flying microplastics? Researchers find plastics on remote French mountaintop Grist
- A Shocking Discovery Shows Just How Far Wind Can Carry Microplastics Environment | Mother Jones
- El viento puede trasportar microcontaminantes hasta áreas remotas y prístinas TekCrispy
- Новое исследование показало, что ветер может перемещать микропластик на расстояние до 100 километров Naked Science
- Scientists Find That Microplastics Can Be Carried Long Distances by the Wind Yale Environment 360
- Microplastics Found in Remote Region of France's Pyrenees Smart News
- Des microplastiques sont transportés par le vent dans un coin reculé des Pyrénées GuruMeditation
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||150||45.45%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database may vary by service. The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science and CrossRef. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.