Article metrics for:
Last updated: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 13:13:29 GMT
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 245
- Blogged by 8
- On 2 Facebook pages
- Picked up by 32 news outlets
- 6 Reddit
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 652nd) of the 230,611 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 1st percentile (ranked 1st) of the 1 tracked articles of a similar age in Nature Communications
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (32)
- Der Klimawandel verbraucht zusätzliche Energie Der Standard
- More energy needed to cope with climate change Informationsdienst Wissenschaft
- More energy needed to cope with climate change Nanowerk
- Study forecasts even with modest warming, global energy demand to increase by mid-century Green Car Congress
- More energy needed to cope with climate change Phys.org
- Clima, insieme al caldo cresce la domanda di energia: fino a +58% nel 2050 - Greenreport: economia ecologica e sviluppo sostenibile Green Report (Italy)
- Riscaldamento globale, la domanda energetica rischia d’aumentare del 58% Innovazione
- Deutschlandfunk - Forschung aktuell Deutschlandfunk
Scientific blogs (8)
- Cambiamenti climatici: in futuro servirà ancora più energia per adattarci Meteo Web
- Demand For Electricity To Climb As World Gets Hotter CleanTechnica
- Electricity Demand Will Soar as Households Try to Cope With Hotter Temperatures Yale Environment 360
- L’influenza dei cambiamenti climatici sulla domanda energetica OggiScienza
- Minkorrekt Folge 146 “Science-Guerrilla” Methodisch inkorrekt
- How Do Power Grids Beat the Summer Heat? The Equation
- This Month in Climate Science: Primate Extinctions; Ice-free Greenland; A Dengue Explosion World Resources Institute's Insights Blog
- Hot future prompts new ideas for cool cities Climate News Network
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||110||44.90%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database may vary by service. The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science and CrossRef. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.