Article metrics for:
Last updated: Thu, 23 May 2019 13:45:14 GMT
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 275
- Blogged by 5
- On 2 Facebook pages
- Mentioned in 3 Google+ posts
- Picked up by 39 news outlets
- 1 F1000
- 163 readers on Mendeley
- 1 readers on Citeulike
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 957th) of the 261,452 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 97th percentile (ranked 23rd) of the 880 tracked articles of a similar age in Nature Communications
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (39)
- News story from West Sussex County Times on Wednesday 19 April 2017 West Sussex County Times
- Think only humans can build on the knowledge of previous generations? Meet these pigeons Science/AAAS
- Почтовые голуби пользуются опытом предыдущих поколений Polit
- Homing Pigeons Share Human Ability to Build Knowledge Across Generations BioscienceTechnology
- Почтовые голуби, как и люди, передают знания и опыт по наследству Vesti.ru
- Las palomas mensajeras acumulan conocimientos con el paso de las generaciones — Noticias de la Ciencia y la Tecnología (Amazings® / NCYT®) NCYT - Noticias de la Ciencia y la Technologia
- Голуби накапливают общие знания Science and Life Russia
Scientific blogs (5)
- April 19, 2017 Microbiome Digest - Bik's Picks
- Homing pigeons can improve and pass on knowledge across generations, the only non-primate to do so ZME Science
- Pigeons May Share Human Ability to Build on Work of Others Sci-News.com
- Homing pigeons may build on the knowledge of others Nature Today | Updates
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||115||41.82%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database may vary by service. The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science and CrossRef. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.