Article metrics for:
Data not available
Web of Science
Data not available
Data not available
Altmetric score (what's this?)
- Tweeted by 112
- Blogged by 7
- On 16 Facebook pages
- Mentioned in 2 Google+ posts
- Picked up by 116 news outlets
- 1 Wikipedia
- 6 readers on Mendeley
This Altmetric score means that the article is:
- in the 99th percentile (ranked 178th) of the 195,976 tracked articles of a similar age in all journals
- in the 98th percentile (ranked 9th) of the 891 tracked articles of a similar age in Nature Communications
Page views (7,624)
Mentions in news, blogs & Google+
News articles (116)
- Ancient fossil reveals new species of oviraptorosaurs Science Recorder
- Új fajként azonosítottak egy híres dinoszauruszutódot Hirado
- 'Baby Dragon' Dinosaur Found Inside Giant Egg National Geographic
- Giant fossil eggs are from feathered dinosaur that grew EIGHT METRES long The Mirror
- Winged dinosaur the size of an elephant once lived in China, scientists discover Yahoo! News
- Celebrated ‘Baby Louie’ Fossil Identified as New Dinosaur Species Gizmodo
- First baby of a gigantic Oviraptor-like dinosaur belongs to a new species Phys.org
Scientific blogs (7)
- Beibeilong sinensis: Paleontologists Identify New Species of Cassowary-Like Dinosaur Sci-News.com
- First Baby of a Gigantic Oviraptor-like Dinosaur Belongs to a New Species Chromatography Techniques All
- Infant Dinosaur Found Still Encased in Its Egg Identified as New Species Smart News | Smithsonian
- “Baby Louie” fossilized dinosaur embryo finally finds its family Science Media Centre of Canada » Languages » English
- Un dinosaure ressemblant au “plus terrifiant poulet du monde” trouvé à l’intérieur de son énorme œuf GuruMeditation
- Fossil Friday Roundup: May 12, 2017 PLOS Paleo Community
|Country||Tweets||% of Tweets|
|No location data||49||43.75%|
Explanation of terms and methodology
Web of Science, CrossRef, Scopus, WebTrends, and Altmetric
Single number count for article citations from each service's database (may vary by service). The citations counts are reliant on the availability of the individual APIs from Web of Science, CrossRef, and Scopus. These counts are updated daily once they become available. Once a citation count is available, the list of articles citing this one is accessible by clicking on the circle for that citation source.
A cumulative count of full-text article views that includes HTML views and PDF downloads. These data reflect only usage on the nature.com journal platform, as tracked by WebTrends tagging, and are only for articles published on or after 1 January 2012. NPG content is also available on other third party platforms and in repositories around the world; we are currently not including article usage data from any of these third-party services. The page views data is available 48 hours after online publication and is updated daily.
News, blogs and Google+ posts
The number of times an article has been cited by individual mainstream news sources, blog post, or member of Google+ along with a link to the original article or post. News articles, blog posts and Google+ posts do not always link to articles in a way that can be picked up by aggregators used by Altmetric, so the listed links are not necessarily a reflection of the entire scope of media, blog or Google+ interest. Further, the list of blogs and news sources covered is manually curated by Altmetric and thus is subject to their discretion for inclusion as a scientific blog or media source. The news, blog, and Google+ posts are provided by Altmetric and are updated hourly.
Altmetric calculates a score based on the online attention an article receives. Each coloured thread in the circle represents a different type of online attention and the number in the centre is the Altmetric score. The score is calculated based on two main sources of online attention: social media and mainstream news media. Altmetric also tracks usage in online reference managers such as Mendeley and CiteULike, but these do not contribute to the score. Older articles will typically score higher because they have had more time to get noticed. To account for this, Altmetric has included the context data for articles of a "similar age" (published within 6 weeks of either side of the publication date of this article).
For a more detailed description of Altmetric, the Altmetric score, and sources used, please see Altmetric's information page.
Provides the number of tweets broken down by country of origin for the Twitter account. The geographic breakdown for the twitter sources is provided by Altmetric and is updated hourly.